Provide legal counsel and advice to the corporation and its subsidiaries to ensure effective operation in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice and guidance to FedEx Freight clients regarding employment law issues
- Handle employment related matters. Such assignments may include the review of employee terminations, handling of EEOC charges and the Department of Labor issues, among other matters
- Advise other members of the legal department, upon request, with respect to areas of expertise. Assist Legal management in the selection, training and development of a staff of attorneys and support personnel.
- Monitor and interpret changes to and trends in government and legislative matters at the federal, state, local or international level related to employment law issues. Determine company impact and advise senior management accordingly. Recommend and implement specific company responses to changes in governmental and legislative policies
- Participate in the planning phase of various company products, services and projects and assist in plotting a course of action which balances the company’s goals with legal and regulatory concerns
- Perform complex research and investigations and designs, draft and submit documents concerning legal issues to maintain compliance with various laws and regulations; provide legal interpretation of laws and regulations. Draft and review legal documents and review proposed transactions to ensure maximum benefit to the corporation and minimum exposure to risk
- Render assistance and counsel to all divisions and departments on the meaning and application of the company’s policies and procedures and on other legal matters to ensure compliance with applicable law and consistency with other policies in terms of company philosophy and goals
- Perform independent special projects of a legal and confidential nature for the department or company, as assigned
- Collaborate with other FedEx legal departments on various projects and initiatives
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an A.B.A. accredited law school and appropriate admission to required state Bar plus six (6) years’ experience and demonstrated competence as a practicing attorney in relevant area of law
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong negotiation and human relations skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...