Senior Procurement e-Sourcing Analyst
The Center of Excellence (CoE) Senior e-Sourcing Procurement Analyst supports strategic sourcing operations by running the e-sourcing systems, teaching others how to utilize the software, collecting, analyzing, and managing data to provide key insights for actionable improvements to the procurement organization. The Senior Procurement Analyst will become a key member of several Strategic Sourcing teams providing analytical rigor and technical expertise to produce fact based summary information enabling Senior Procurement personnel to improve their sourcing decisions.
This position will be responsible for contributing to the development and execution of e-Sourcing events in GSP. The ability to quickly understand the category manager’s negotiation strategy for his/her categories and enable the strategy to be executed in the e-Sourcing tool is essential. Requires a professional with related experience in e-Sourcing, procurement and analysis. Must be a fast learner with new system and have a good working knowledge of Excel, access database with familiarity with optimization software providing multi-variable solutions based upon category manager defined constraints.
This position encompasses the following:
- Act as an internal e-Sourcing consultant to share e-Sourcing best practices among different categories.
- Support GSP category managers on their e-Sourcing events (from strategy to e-RFP execution and analysis).
- Collaborate with others to progress e-Sourcing activities in The Coca-Cola System.
- Train category managers and analysts in e-Sourcing tool to be more self-sufficient.
- Conduct Power user training sessions.
- Conduct supplier training sessions.
- Assist on master data standardization effort.
- Assist on setting new e-Sourcing event process.
- Assist on rolling out new e-Sourcing functionality to category managers.
- Collaborate with category managers to create a strategy and set of criteria to continuously evaluate value creation opportunities
- Solicit input from key stakeholders (e.g., field associates, bottlers) in order to ensure that system requirements are identified and considered before negotiating agreements
- Evaluate, monitor and project long-term global supply/demand analysis (i.e., capacity planning) and develop product cost models in order to ensure that Coca-Cola global and regional needs are met
- Provide fact-based insights and analysis on suppliers of selected commodities, goods and services procured through GSP
- Develop cost models of suppliers’ facilities and processes; Identify costs and operating efficiencies in supplier processes in order to generate cost savings for the Company
- Perform analysis that requires application of financial concepts and/or tools (e.g., NPV, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, statistical analyses, economic analyses, cost building blocks)
- Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis in order to improve operational and financial performance
- Develop knowledge of competitors' products, services and external environment. Collect value-added info, gather competitive intelligence info and promote sharing across appropriate organizations.
- The position will be expected to communicate with internal stakeholders (Company and Bottlers), external suppliers, and 3rd party organizations (e.g., consultants, industry organizations). The position will be responsible for synthesizing complex data into clear and concise reports. From time to time, the position will be called upon to prepare and present reports to Procurement leadership.
- The position requires a deep understanding of quantitative techniques and modeling. The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining complex databases to provide fact-based information for multiple procurement categories. Additionally, Senior Procurement Analysts will be called upon to provide analytical support during the supplier evaluation and negotiation process. The position will be expected to deal with a high degree of ambiguity and develop new approaches to solve problems creatively. Familiarity with statistical and financial modeling is a must.
- The position will provide fact-based support to Category Managers in their development of long-term strategies ( 3 to 10 years) and in negotiations (annual and multi-year agreements) with annual spend of approximately $10 million to over $1 billion.
- The position will be responsible for developing and implementing complex models and decision frameworks. In so doing, it is expected that the position will drive thought leadership and analytical rigor within the organization. The position is expected to document and share process best practices.
- Requires regular communications with Company personnel, bottlers and suppliers across the globe
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bottler Operations and Economics: Knowledge of the system, business, functions, operational and/or financial processes necessary to effectively perform internal Company analyses and/or transactions
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer
- Data Extraction: Ability to extract and query data from systems (e.g., PAPA$, SAP, Focus, Billing and Promotions, Nielsen, Compass, PLUS, OPS, Messenger)
- Data Validation: Knowledge of and ability to understand and resolve data inconsistencies or variances
- Determining Financial Impact: Understanding the financial consequences of decisions; understanding economic value for the system; acting as an owner of the business and making decisions that ensure long-term value
- Forecasting - Cost: Knowledge of cost forecasting processes and inputs to determine the impact to KO and/or bottlers. Knowledge of key elements such as raw material costs, economic principles, supplier/processing costs and market conditions
- Information Systems: Knowledge and use of existing KO Technical Information Systems (e.g., JDE, DBS, SAP, Intranet) to generate necessary data; Ability to access, analyze and use information in a manner that adds value to the organization; Ability to propose system enhancements based upon business needs
- Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier; Ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics; Ability to measure against those standards and to communicate performance
- Record Retention: Knowledge of the policies and procedures for storing and retaining financial, non-financial and company documents
- Requirements Planning: Knowledge of how to plan materials and service requirements in order to support ongoing business
- Software Applications: Knowledge and use of technical software applications appropriate to the specific work activities (e.g., basic Company applications, SAP, DBS, MRP, OPS, JDEdwards, Service Source, MRP II,)
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of SAP systems; Expert knowledge of Excel, and Access and strong skills in Powerpoint and Word.
- Familiarity with optimization tools (and preferably linear programming), SQL and other querying tools.
- 5+ years of data and financial analysis experience
- 5+ years of Procurement, Supply Chain or Operations
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: sets an environment of continuous improvement to ensure maximum results.
- Balances immediate and long-term priorities: ensure that the team achieves an appropriate balance between short-term demands and long-term value.
- Delivers results: holds self and others accountable for setting goals and striving for excellence.
- Imports and exports good ideas: builds relationships (internal and external) that result in plans/solutions for the business.
- Develops and inspires others: adjusts personal style to the situation to ensure appropriate impact upon others.
- Sets a winning example: encourages open, trusting and candid relationships with others.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants
and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education
a criminal history check
and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in a quantitative or engineering discipline such as Operations Research, Decision Sciences, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or Logistics or MBA.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is made up of the people who actually make, market and distribute happiness, in the form of great Coca-Cola products...