A light industrial/manufacturing company is seeking a Sales and Marking Manager. The duties of this position are to provide quality customer service and products to internal and external customers by supervising and coordinating service orders, customer requests and concerns, order schedules, customer billing, and customer requests with production; while operating in a manner consistent with legislation and safety policies and procedures. Experience in manufacturing and/or Feroalloy is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Compliance Requirements:
- Must be able to receive work instructions, verbally or in writing to determine work assignments.
- Multi-task work assignments and work as a team to achieve daily production requirements.
- Examines operating procedures, reports, and management requirements to ensure that they are properly and safely applied.
- Maintains communication with Supervision to ensure the establishment and compliance with internal controls and procedures.
- Be resourceful in determine more effective methods of performing tasks that would optimize approaches, reduce costs, reduce time, define unknown conditions, or new training methods.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department, HR, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to speak effectively and professional to internal and external customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Word processing, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Order processing, Inventory, Database software, Contact Management
Directly supervises the Customer Service Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education / Licenses / Certifications:
Associate Degree and five to ten years previous sales and marking experience is required. Manufacturing experience preferred.