The primary purpose of the Soraa Strategic Business Development Manager is the development and management of the Soraa revenue stream. Successful job execution requires excellence/participation in all aspects of the sales process: from the development and execution of business plans, establishment/achievement of sales targets, and after the sale follow-up. This position will be responsible for driving revenue through customer/end user development, but will also require close collaboration with all field sales touch points, marketing, and customer service, while maintaining a relationship with; management/engineering personnel, applications personnel, production and manufacturing staff. Travel requirements for this position could be at times up to 60% or more.
LOCATIONS: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Chicago, IL; Cleveland, OH; other metro areas will be considered
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet and exceed Soraa revenue targets.
- Develop annual business plans supported with hard revenue targets driven around end user sales development.
- Must be self-motivated and able to independently manage various activities with minimal supervision.
- Provide competitive market information to management to help drive the direction of product marketing and development.
- Propose new product opportunities to customer sales teams based on customer needs, timing, and compliance with Soraa core competencies, competitive intensity and general segment attractiveness.
- Maintain a new business pipeline and relentlessly pursue opportunities to broaden our markets.
- Meets or exceeds quota consistently
- Maintains detailed customer records on an on-going basis, and provides additional written detail on important customer developments or feedback by request.
- Participates professionally and freely with Soraa senior management on the business development and planning process. Proactively participates in key planning discussions.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Ability to gain trust and respect from customers’ managerial and sales teams
- Self-motivator with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- College degree
- 3-5 Years general sales experience in the lighting industry, specifically LED lighting.
- Computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Internet Research, and PowerPoint
Keyword: Strategic Business Development Specialist
- 5+ years of sales experience (sales and/or key account) in the lighting industry
- Demonstrated history of sales/business development success.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, basic market research techniques, product demonstration, and sales techniques
- Some experience with CRM software such as Salesforce.com, or SAP.
- Familiarity with utility incentives and rebate capture process
- Business or marketing degree preferred / LC certified
From: Soraa Inc.
Soraa Inc. - 10 months ago
Soraa, a Fremont, California company founded in 2008, this week launched its first product, a light that uses LEDS (light emitting diodes)....