Manages the Development team resources across one or more product lines to ensure that software development Programs are adequately staffed, and ensure that targets for the Development and Maintenance and quality of products are achieved.
This can include leading quality, test, or documentation efforts.
Focused on scope required for project, program, or initiative and as required by line management or Program.
Resource forecasting and allocation of resources
, and/or technical authors across several development programs for new product development.
• Defining, leading, and auditing progress with development process and quality initiatives, as appropriate to project and product need.
• Ownership of standards-based compliance or process improvement efforts, as required by Programs and as appropriate to project and product need.
• Participation-in and well-planned implementation-of established global software quality improvement initiatives and processes, leveraging ROI, adherence to standards, and timely, measureable results,
• Establishing and cultivating collaborative, effective relationships with global counterparts to ensure adequate resource allocation to projects and maximum efficiency.
• Regular use/reporting of metrics for resource allocation, software defects, productivity, and efficiency.
• Establishment of performance goals for all team members.
• Leveraging effective, clear, timely communication via all available written and verbal forms and in a global context as appropriate for the initiatives and locations involved.
• Ensuring commitments and progress to schedules remain clear, reasonable, and proactively monitored.
• Ensuring communication and status forums/formats make optimal use of time and effect, draw attention to important matters, and are effective mediums for managing initiatives and teams.
Jokes about doctors' handwriting may go the way of house calls, thanks to Allscripts Healthcare Solutions. The...