Red Hat Cloud Engineering is seeking a developer with broad software engineering experience and an interest in Infrastructure as a Service to join their OpenStack team.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute generally to the OpenStack effort upstream and in Fedora. This will include a specific role in defining the architecture of new projects or features, and developing those from inception through to inclusion upstream.
The role involves being a part of a distributed team and working independently but in tight collaboration and regular communication with other team members and upstream developers. Ideal candidates should be passionate about cutting edge software development, and open source.
Primary job responsibilities
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of significant software development experience
- Experience in several programming languages - e.g. C, Java, Ruby, Python - with Python experience being a particular advantage
- A passion for open source software development
- A keen eye for good architecture and the ability to develop new architectures
- A deep understanding of Cloud Computing and Infrastructure as a Service
- Focus on test driven development with good knowledge of unit testing frameworks and methodologies
- Packaging experience with distributions using RPM
- Experience with KVM based virtualization and libvirt
- Development and maintenance for one or more OpenStack packages
- Focus for this position will be on components like Nova, Glance or Swift
Red Hat, Inc. - 2 years ago
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...