Increases product sales within assigned store coverage area in order to achieve company objectives. Develops and retains effective working relationships with customers to achieve and exceed sales goals, maximize market penetration and margin potential. Manages store operations and personnel to ensure all activities are performed in accordance with company policies and procedures
Performs other related duties as required.
- Achieves revenue, budget and other business objectives for each fiscal year.
- Develops business relationships with key customer within the store coverage area.
- Clearly defines goals and objectives for Stone personnel to measure performance and communicate these objectives to the staff on a regular basis.
- Provides leadership and direction in the pursuit of store objectives with employees.
- Communicates and works closely with customer to maximize market penetration and margin potential.
- Develops and implements strategic plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Advises customer on product selection, pricing and sales volume and continues to build customer relations.
- Meets with key customers to negotiate and close deals.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of Stone Center to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Analyzes sales reports showing sales volume, profit loss (EVA) and margins utilizing the “on Demand” reporting process.
- Ensures prudent credit transactions and manages account collections.
- Participates in the planning process by providing accurate, achievable sales forecasts.
- Aligns achievements with corporate goals, standards and objectives.
- Communicates the safety program goals and expectations and ensures associates are properly trained in the Safety program.
- Trains, leads and develops associates in areas of customer service, order management, purchasing, warehouse duties, office administration, truck management, and system processes.
- Cross trains on all areas of Stone Center operations; customer service, warehouse, and office administration duties. Assists where necessary. Recruits, hires and manages Stone Center staff associates. Includes daily support and direction, as well as, on-going performance management and development.
- Ensures compliance with Human Resource policies including, hiring, firing, performance management, and DOT compliance.
- Provides excellent understanding and training of the safe and proper way to load delivery trucks, operate lift trucks with booms and/or overhead cranes.
HS diploma and 5+ years relevant stone sales experience required OR
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and 3-5 years relevant sales/management experience in the stone business.
3-5 years relevant sales experience in the stone business with a minimum 2 years previous management experience.
Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Analytical aptitude; time management and organizational skills. Proven training, teamwork, and leadership skills. Ability to “multi-task.” Demonstrated follow-up and follow-through skills. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be Dal-Tile certified to operate powered industrial trucks.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
- 2 years ago - save job
Dal-Tile Corporation never fails to floor its customers. The company is one of the world's largest and best-known ceramic tile makers....