Risk Management Consultant 2
IA-West Des Moines
Wells Fargo s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision and design every product and service with our customers in mind. If it s not good for our customers, then it s not good for Wells Fargo.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We believe everyone on our team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they contribute to our success.
The CLG team includes our home mortgage, home equity, consumer credit card, personal loans and lines, direct auto, dealer services and commercial auto, retail services and education financial services businesses.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage Team: Supports the nation s leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages. Job Description: Real Estate Default Risk Team is looking for a risk consultant to join the Default Strategy team. This position will be primarily responsible for the development and implementation of default strategies in collaboration with Collection Operations teams.
Duties may include:
This individual must be detail oriented, have strong problem solving skills, ability to quickly learn new topics, and be able to apply a variety of statistical techniques to real-world business problems.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and data mining to support risk projects
- Recommend strategy/process improvements based on recent trends
- Develop analytic test plans; perform complex analysis and/or modeling
- Work with business partners and vendors to implement strategies and new technology
5+ years risk experience.
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Quantitative degree (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related field)
- 5+ years risk experience in analytics/modeling
- Strong SAS and SQL programming abilities
- Analytical curiosity
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks with challenging deadlines and priorities
- Clear communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience with credit risk strategy development and implementation
Wells Fargo - 22 months ago
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...