The primary responsibilities of the Office Manager are to support management and other employees with administrative duties and assist with basic human resources functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Supports management and co-workers with office administrative functions that includes, but is not limited to, monitors and screens incoming communications, designs and maintains databases, compiles information and creates spreadsheets, schedules travel and meeting arrangements, prepares correspondence and quotes, reviews and edits documents/presentations, provides ID’s and access for company systems, etc.
- Records and maintains data/documentation relating to personnel activities such as employee information, recruitment/termination, benefits, training, disciplinary actions, investigations, and payroll in accordance with company policies and government regulations.
- Answers and explains company policies/procedures and benefits to employees or applicants.
- Prepares and distributes monthly commission reports, processes employee expense reports/monthly credit card statements, performs payroll activities, and manages collections on A/R.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Interacts with all visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Trains and instructs personnel in standard duties and procedures.
- Works with vendors to maintain office buildings, equipment, and company vehicles.
- Obtains quotes from providers and makes decisions for coverage on insurance, workers’ compensation, and liability.
- Processes and evaluates employment applications to determine eligibility, assists with interviewing, and conducts reference and background checks.
- Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen customer relationships.
- Understands all aspects of the company and keeps abreast of all changing policies and procedures.
- Analyzes company operations/procedures to identify and implement process improvements to reduce cycle time, workload, and/or expenses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of company and customer records.
- Possesses strong analytical, organizational, and detail oriented skills.
- Exhibits credibility, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Possesses exceptional customer service skills and the ability to respond to customers and employees in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully work individually or on a team.
- Communicates effectively (orally and written).
- Demonstrates capability to strategically plan ahead to meet deadlines and future company needs.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- At least two (2) years’ experience in administration or office management, with working knowledge of human resources.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Frequently communicates with employees in person, on the telephone, and on the computer to provide assistance.
- Frequently remains in a sitting position at a desk to perform duties.
- Frequently navigates one flight of stairs multiple times a day as the building does not have an elevator.
- Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands.
- Frequently works in a well-lit, tempered room.
- Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- May be required to stoop, bend, or kneel.