This job is responsible for preparing and setting up food supplies and nourishment for patients in accordance with recognized safety, sanitation and food-handling standards and procedures.
- Prepares and sets-up cold foods (i.e. jello, pudding, custard, etc.) for patients and food service.
- Prepares in-between meal nourishment for patient food service.
- Fills food supply orders for hospital patient units and departments.
- Assists with answering phones and late tray set-up and delivery.
- Assists the dishwasher in returning clean dishes, pots, and pans to preparation areas.
- Operates various food preparation equipment and utensils in a safe manner.
- Maintains food preparation equipment and work area in a high degree of cleanliness.
- Serves food in a proper manner.
- Performs related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of six months recent work experience in a healthcare field and/or large-volume food preparation,
- OR any combination of education and experience that would demonstrate the capability to perform the duties of the position.
- Valid Food Handler’s Permit from the Health Department may be required.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
ND-Williston-Mercy Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 23 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...