3 month Temp to perm
Day/Hours: Primarily: Monday through Friday 8 to 5+
On occasion there is weekend work.
Travel: Minimal -
Primary Position Responsibilities/Description:
The team is currently searching for a candidate with Linux Administration Experience to join the organization. This person will be responsible for deploying and maintaining a variety of production and development Linux servers. Additionally, this candidate will be tasked with maintaining the current production systems using monitoring tools, updating deployment procedures, and automation. Hadoop operations, system deployment, management, and support are the largest areas of focus for this role.
In addition, the Administrator will be responsible for helping create repeatable processes and lead additional bodies as the company continues to grow.
Skill sets and attributes needed to succeed in this position:
• EXCELLENT communication skills, both written and oral.
• EXCELLENT troubleshooting skills.
• Self-motivated, self-driven, and self-educating.
• Ignores the rules when necessary.
• Functions well in a sometimes-loud team environment.
• Experience with Linux (CentOS or RHEL preferred).
• Strong scripting/programming skills; primarily Bash with Perl, Python, or Ruby familiarity.
• Experience with LDAP and Kerberos.
• Experience with monitoring/alerting solutions (Nagios, Ganglia).
• Experience working with Apache Hadoop administration and configuration would be ideal.
• Experience with deployment automation.
• Web server administration for generic LAMP stack. •
Minimum team requirements:
Successful candidates will need to have:
Strong understanding and experience in a variety of different Linux support roles. The ability to quickly research and learn unfamiliar systems/implementations as company needs change.
Several consecutive years of recent hands research experience to include a track record of increasing responsibility.
A drive to self-educate and a thirst to acquire new technology knowledge, and simply be the best.
Preferred but not required:
Associates/BA/BS degree with course work in Computer Science, Business IT, or other IT related degrees or equivalent experience. Higher professional certification(s) are a plus.
JobServe USA - 30+ days ago