Peak Systems, a Seattle-based web development and design firm provides customized, innovative and cost-effective web development solutions. Peak Systems is home to 25 talented and entrepreneurial driven employees and is perennially ranked among the Top 10 Web Developers in the Region according to the Puget Sound Journal. We allow our employees to create, innovate and work on cutting edge technology. We’re looking for people who are visionary and have a passion to take an idea and set it in motion.
We are looking for a customer-centric GNU/Linux Systems Administrator who has a knack for solving complex problems, who is goal driven, highly organized, and is passionate about helping teammates exceed goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Own infrastructure/network design
- Responsible for the availability of multiple high traffic web-sites
- Manage multiple GNU/Linux Servers
- Accountable for the availability of internal tools and systems including e-mail, deployment tools, bug tracking and the internal wiki
- Work with developers to specify server configurations and deploy packages
- Monitor performance and other service conditions in a LAMP environment
- Improve server scalability and performance, monitoring and logging
- You’ll challenge status quo thinking and provide unique solutions to situations that were unsolvable
- Effectively solve problems and have ability to learn quickly
- Calm and organized during outages service interruptions
- You would also be asked occasionally to do bug solving and update some web applications, so Ideal candidates should have some development experience on languages such as PHP, ColdFusion, Ruby or Perl.
Awesome Skills to Have:
- Experience with Ubuntu or other Debian based GNU/Linux Distributions
- Experience troubleshooting LAN, WAN, & VPN issues
- Experience supporting environments using Apache, Ruby, Passenger, Coldfusion, PHP, MYSQL, Oracle, and Tomcat
- Development experience with web oriented languages, could be PHP, Coldfusion, Perl or Ruby.
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of Postfix, Bind, and Nagios.
- Experience with DNS, LDAP, disk-to-disk backup via rsync and rdiff-backup, and SSL certificate management
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience with for code updates via SVN
- Experience with Linux kernel tuning, patching, IPTables and Kickstart/Cobbler deployments.
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA firewalls and switches
- Knowledge of system virtualization including VMWare ESXi, and AWS deployment
Peak Systems offers a competitive compensation package including 90% paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision), participation in 401K with matching contribution, PTO and participation in the company bonus program. We pride ourselves as having a relaxed, fun and rewarding work environment. If you are passionate about all things technology and crave making an impact on a daily basis, please send your resume along with salary requirements today!
Indeed - 13 months ago