CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Provides disciplined leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team and self accountable for results.
• Adheres to the Assistant Store Manager scheduling requirements (weekly exceptions must be approved by the Store Manager)
o 95% of time spent on the sales floor
o Minimum of 2 nights per week
o Minimum of 2 weekends per month scheduled during peak hours (e.g., Friday night, Saturday mid-day through evening, Sunday)
• Follows the weekly Playbook process to develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
• Inspects departments and consults with associates daily to identify opportunities and develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
• Executes customer focused strategies, policies and programs as measured by Customer Satisfaction Survey data and verbatim comments.
• Selects, develops and manages performance of individuals and team, measured by appropriate performance reports/scorecards/dashboards.
• Attracts, hires and on-boards store staff as measured by appropriate performance scorecard, retention and new hire survey results.
• Executes the client’s (brand/business) plan consistently across departments and provide ongoing fact based feedback to Store Manager and appropriate business including competitive intelligence.
• Ensures consistent delivery of acceptable compliance scores as measured by the Standards Based Store Visit & Client Commitment tools, including effective store wide completion of:
o Merchandise, receipt, flow to floor and stockroom processes.
o Total controllable cost vs. plan/trend
o Warehouse and stockroom management (RTV, VOM, Discontinued Merchandise)
o Multi-Channel processes and associate participation (Fusion, Store to Web, Merchandise Pick Up, Ready in Five)
o Point of Sale, credit applications and opportunities
o Brand standards and facilities maintenance
o Safety, inventory and shrink controls (merchandise protection and safety standards/processes)
o Staffing, employment compliance, retention
o Scheduling (LRQs scheduled/worked and actual vs. earned hours)
o Training completion and associate role playing
o Employee communication and recognition
• Focuses and invest time on customer facing activities and operational processes.
• Ensures the department is “Location Certified” and every associate is “Role Certified” to do his/her job.
• Monitors and proactively addresses outliers in customer satisfaction, sales, profit margin, operational processes, and compliance against plan or established standards.
• Embeds the Company return policy and Pledge of Fairness.
• Expects and inspects core processes and “clean and bright” standards.
• Expects and inspects execution of clients’ merchandising and operating plans.
• Provides first person coaching and leadership on the execution of action plans based on the weekly Playbook process, daily department walks, Customer Satisfaction Survey learnings, customer verbatims, and customer/associate interactions.
• Is the customer advocate and surface opportunities to improve the end to end customer experience.
• Teaches, models and leads ways to satisfy customers, find ways to say yes, e.g., helpful associates, complaint resolution, Store to Web.
• Personally supports, coaches and develops team members across all brand departments by creating an environment where our associates can be successful.
• Facilitates dialogue between front-line associates and the store leadership team.
• Focuses the entrepreneurial energy of the team on delivering over the top customer service and associate pride.
• Leads and embeds all Retail Services plans/projects using common enterprise-wide tools, processes and language. (No store programs.)
• Creates and maintains a culture of winning that resonates with associates.
• Rigorously inspect compliance with our operating model for consistency around operations processes and procedures.
• Executes and supports the client’s plan utilizing outlier reporting, scorecards and standardized reporting.
• Leads and monitors store level margin drivers, e.g., solution selling, accessory attachment rate, inactive inventory, price change execution.
• Achieves all miscellaneous income plans e.g., smart plans, protection agreements, new account generation.
• Achieves controllable cost plans relative to department and identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities to associates and teams.
• Communicates opportunities and solutions that will allow clients to meet/exceed profit plans.
Effective Decision Making:
• Provides Store Manager with fact based, real time feedback on the product life cycle including assortment, pricing, inventory flow, marketing support, transition/exit strategies, etc. in order to highlight opportunities for clients.
• Utilizes quantitative and qualitative data to measure and achieve desired outcomes and address outlier opportunities.
• Consistently provides a sense of urgency to maintain standards while obtaining associate buy-in.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of two (2) years experience in retail or equivalent industry experience required.
3. Prior management training required.
4. Knowledge of store merchandising, operations, and retail management practices and procedures.
5. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
6. Availability to work during critical retail time frames including Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays holidays, or other
7. Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions.
8. Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external team
members and customers.
9. Experience selecting, assessing, coaching and developing associates, preferably in a retail environment.
10. Experience leading groups across multiple departments preferred.
11. Proven ability to manage and mentor team members, lead and influence cross-functional working groups and achieve results.
12. Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
2 - 5 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
Sears Holdings Corp. - 19 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...