Req ID 58566BR
Nurse, Plasma Center - Ft Wayne, IN
BioLife Plasma Services
Location of Position
Ft Wayne, IN
Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone . A subsidiary of Baxter Healthcare, BioLife is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States.
For specific location center operating hours visit: biolifeplasma.com.
The Medical Supervisor (MS) performs determination of donor suitability to donate plasma, management of donor adverse events, review of laboratory test results, donor notification of unsuitable test results, and support of special donor immunization programs, where applicable. The MS works under the direct supervision of the Center Manager (or Assistant Manager as applicable) for operational guidance and under the supervision of the Center Physician for medical issues. Ideally, the Medical Supervisor will be familiar with regulations of the plasma collection industry and/or a manufacturing environment. The MS follows guidance provided by BioLife Medical Affairs and provides center level support of environmental, health and safety (EHS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with federal, state, local and company-specific requirements related to quality of product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Determine donor suitability accurately and in a timely manner, to include, proper management of informed consent, AIDS education and confidential self-exclusion, medical history interview and acceptance requirements, physical examination, and blood testing, as required.
- Evaluate and treat any donor adverse event, which occurs at the facility as outlined in the SOPs.
- Support the donor immunization programs as applicable per SOP.
- Manage donor deferral; reviews test results and notify donors of unsuitable test results per applicable SOPs.
- Understand handling of Post Donation Information (PDI).
- Refer to the Center Physician or Medical Affairs (as applicable) when in need of providing unacceptable findings to donors, problem solving, or guidance concerning medical or technical issues, including donor safety and eligibility.
- Demonstrate continued competency in the performance of job responsibilities and complete periodic assessment with the Center Physician per applicable SOPs.
- Follow applicable SOPs for medical emergencies including the execution of Center Physician’s standing orders and donor transport to emergency care facilities.
- Take initiative to task train in other work areas to assist, when available, in production.
- Assist the EHS program as required per SOPs or as requested by the EHS Manager
- Conduct pre-placement evaluation of new hires to include assessment of medical history questionnaire.
- Support the Hepatitis B and Seasonal Flu vaccination programs for employees as applicable.
- Maintain applicable employee medical records.
- Member of EHS site committee and assist in training of employees, as required.
- Administer first aid to employees as needed.
- Act as Pandemic Coordinator when authorized by EHS.
- Supports investigations associated with pandemic threats within local community as indicated by EHS or Medical Affairs.
- Willingness to temporarily support other BioLife center operations, as needed.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned .
Baxter - 2 years ago
axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company primarily...