A Private Practice in Central New York State is seeking add a DENTIST (Permanent/Retained Employee Full-time or Part-time) to its staff. There are three Dentists on staff. One is part-time. There are two Hygenists.
Syracuse, NY is a short distance from Rochester, Albany, Canada, the St. Lawrence River, the Adirondack Mountains and the Thousand Islands. There is a large selection of year round sports which includes many snow skiing and summer resorts and many tournament class golf courses. There is a Casino with regular scheduled Las Vegas quality shows and concerts.
- LOCATED in the center of New York State, the city of Syracuse is in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region near Lake Ontario and Lake Oneida. On June 09, 2010, Forbes Magazine ranked SYRACUSE, NY fourth (4TH) in a survey of 100 of the most FAMILY-FRIENDLIEST cities in the U.S. The cities were judged for the best American cities to raise a family based on affordability, short commutes, a low crime rate and good schools.
This metro area has 156k people living in the city and 467k in the county. There is an international airport with direct jet service to most major cities in the US. High quality education available. There is a large selection of inexpensively priced private schools. Some schools, both private and public, are nationally renowned for their academics and sports programs. There many colleges and universities in the region with Division One ranked football, basketball & lacrosse programs. The community is ethically diverse with many churches of varied denominations, synagogues, temples and mosques. There are private theater groups, museums, a symphony orchestra, many good restaurants to choose from and a regional IMAX Theater and Science Center.
The job market is high tech in nature with health care research, a teaching hospital, a large pharmaceutical manufacturer and many engineering companies such as Welch Allen, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Lockheed Martin to name a few. There are many highways and very low traffic congestion. Home prices are extremely inexpensive, as well as apartments, as compared to national averages.There is a rapidly expanding regional shopping mall located in the heart of the city with seventeen (17) stadium tiered seating cinema theaters. The region has many rolling hills and lakes. Moderate summer climate with average temperatures in the mid to high 70s. Seasonal climate changes are colorful.
1.) HEALTH INSURANCE is available for Single, Double (Employee and Spouse), Double (Employee and One Child) and Family coverage. There are two (2) plans to choose from, both are Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield. Both include prescriptions.
- DESCRIPTION of FACILITY/PRACTICE: Primary care community clinic. Excellent community referral system. Historical city with a population of 31k, County 84k. Less than 30 miles from international airport. Numerous parks, museums & commutable to many other attractions. *** EDUCATION REQUIRED: DDS, DDM.
- LICENSE/REGISTRATION: NYS license or application is required.
- JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Perform and oversee dental services.
- Preserve teeth and prevent the spread of oral disease.
- Diagnose and treat oral & dental conditions such as: injuries, malformations, teeth, gums and related oral structures.
- Take applicable x-rays.
- Provide preventative dental services and education including cleaning teeth and apply fluoride and sealants to prevent tooth decay.
- Administer anesthetics when applicable for extractions, endodontic treatment of non-vital teeth and restoration with fillings and crowns.
- Replace missing teeth with bridges, partial dentures and full dentures when indicated.
- Provide comprehensive care to children including extractions, restorations with fillings and stainless steel crowns and treatment of non-vital teeth with pulpectomy or pulpotomy. Apply space maintenance techniques when applicable.
- Document patient conditions in medical records.
- Provide referrals to dental specialists and physicians when appropriate.
- Provide dental care to all ages, and ethnic groups and socioeconomic background.
- Average patient load is 8-10 patients per day
- HOURS: 9:00 to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. 35 hour work week.
- PAY SCALE: 125k salary for a 35 hour (full-time) work week or $60.00 per hour for part-time work.
- BENEFITS: Flexible spending account plan with pre-tax dollars for out of pocket expenses. Can not be used be used toward premiums but can be applied toward all other out of pocket health care expenses. Contribution by employee per week is $19.23 (up to the legal limit of $1,000 per year).
Health Plan #1: Co-pays are $25/40 no deductible. Employer contributes one half of the cost (bi-weekly) at $254.89 toward the monthly premium for the Employee. Family coverage cost after Employer contribution is $897.21 per month. After employer match for Employee and Spouse or Employee plus Child the monthly premium is $547.78, Family monthly premium is- $1,160.38
Health Plan #2: Offers a $1300 DEDUCTIBLE for single coverage and $2600 for Family with max out of pocket expense of $3000/$6000, Employer contributes $171.75 towards monthly premium. Family coverage cost after Employer contribution is $789.60 per month.
2.) DENTAL- Excellus - Single cost is $37.10 per month by Employee with a $50.00 deductible, Family is $103.88 per month.
3.) VISION - EYEMED - Monthly premium is $6.24 per month for Single coverage and Family is $17.40 per month. Both have a $10.00 co-pay. Includes a allowance for glasses, contacts and lenses and includes Ophthalmologist examination.
4.) VACATION TIME is 3 weeks the first year, can use after 6 months of employment. After the fifth year of employment there is a 4th week added.
5.) CME is 1 week paid and $1,000 reimbursement (after the completion of one year of employment) (Can divide vacation and CME time as desired).
6.) SICK / PERSONAL TIME is 8 per year, accrued at 5 hours per month.
7.) PAID HOLIDAYS include 10 each year.
8.) RETIREMENT PLAN is a 401-k with a 3% employer match which may fluctuate annually based on the decision of the Board of Directors.
( Eligible to join upon hire eligible for employer contribution after 1 year of employment. Fully vested after 6 years of employment)
9.) MALPRACTICE INSURANCE coverage is paid by Employer.
10.) LIFE INSURANCE is paid by employer up to $50k as well as Disability Insurance.
Apple & Associates Inc - 17 months ago