Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Plan and direct the work of a unit whose staff use mathematical models drawn from Economics, Statistics, probability theory, or pure mathematics, develop models of how existing or possible assets, products, derivatives, or markets might behave under varying conditions. Develop methods consistent with pertinent discipline for assessing the effects of different variables acting on the asset or market being examined. May develop tests or standards for judging the accuracy or predictive powers of the models being developed. May confer with capital market or product specialists to determine needs for analysis or to acquire empirical data to use in model building or validation.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of business unit(s) that use the to determine changing market conditions, and empirical results of using current models. Assess how analytical needs have changed and requirements for future development.
- Direct and oversee development and refinement of econometric and quantitative models by unit's staff. Provide technical consultation or input on business objectives or processes to assist development effort.
- Develop, or oversee the development of standards, tests, or QC/QA methods to be used in evaluating or validating models in use.
- Track current developments of model development in related businesses, in the academic press, and in industry leaders in capital markets. Bring current research and organizational best practices to bear on model development in the organization.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- This position uses and directs the use of more complex analytical tools and systems. The work performed or directed by this position has a greater visibility to or impact on the corporation's customers, regulators, or stakeholders.
- Ph Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in quantitative financial modeling with an emphasis in cap markets preferred.
- Graduate degree (preferably Ph.D.) in a related filed (e.g. Finance, Financial Engineering, Physics, etc.)
- Direct experience in the design, development, implementation, and/or validation of quantitative models used to credit risk and/or manage fixed income securities, especially mortgage securities.
- This individual will lead and manage teams on a variety of model validation projects and related model risk governance activities.
- The successful candidate will have good communication skills (written and oral)
- Inter-personal skills conducive to teamwork is required
- Management experience is required
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...