U.C. Berkeley is looking for mission-driven individuals interested in helping to implement a single timekeeping system on the U.C. Berkeley campus. The newly-formed Timekeeping Implementation team will work closely with administrative and academic units campus-wide to review and write pay rules, conduct assessments, and implement a single timekeeping system within the next year.
In partnership with the Project Manager and other team members, this position provides in-depth project and policy analysis to assist with the implementation and strategy development for the campus time keeping initiative. This includes analyzing potential business process changes, working with departments on data analysis and gathering, helping develop communication strategy, recommending solutions, documenting decisions, and helping with implementation timeline. Additionally, the position will work closely with the project team, managers, business owners, Information Services and Technology (IST), stakeholders, and the campus user community to ensure that the project meets campus needs.
This project is part of the overall Operational Excellence efforts (http://oe.berkeley.edu ) at Berkeley, designed to increase effectiveness, deliver excellence, and ensure long-term sustainability of the administrative functions on campus. Prospective candidates must have a desire and ability to work in a complex and creative environment and will be required to apply both analytical and big-picture thinking. Positions are located at the U.C. Berkeley campus. This is a 12-month contract position, with the possibility of extension. Benefits are included in the compensation package.
- Leads and/or directs the organization as well as coordination and data gathering for departments across campus to prepare for the OE Timekeeping Initiative. Works with departments to audit leave and vacation data and to prepare spreadsheets for data loads into new timekeeping system for all department staff.
- Develops proposals and recommendations to guide and support a broader strategic direction for the organization. This may include working with other members of the OE Timekeeping Initiative to come up with training materials, complete a timeline, and communicate with department timekeeping/HR liaisons.
- Provides highly complex and in-depth analyses related to implementation of a new timekeeping system for all of campus.
- With Project Team develops and coordinates policies, formulates strategies for training and implementation, and provides analysis to develop timeline for OE Timekeeping initiative.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Solid ability to analyze information and synthesize large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of processes, protocols and procedures related to timekeeping.
- Advanced knowledge of common campus-specific computer applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and influence, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates skill in prioritizing competing work assignments, employing political acumen, and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications.
- Small to mid-level project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
Salary & Benefits
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- University experience preferred.
- Prior work on a similar project, or scope of project.
The salary range is $57,000-$79,800-$102,600; targeting the mid-point in the range, salary will be commensurate with experience. Full-benefits provided.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
University of California Berkeley - 2 years ago