Four year college degree or equivalent work experience plus 5+ years related experience.
• Strong accounting background.
• Able to manage schedule and work independently.
o Understands how the people, processes, and technology interact to create a solution as a whole.
o Collaborates with and draws on the strengths of other associates.
o Able to define and solve problems to ensure that the real, underlying problem is understood and that the solutions actually address the problem.
o Able to breakdown undefined problems into specific, workable components that in-turn clearly identifies the issues at hand.
o Makes logical conclusions, anticipates obstacles and considers different approaches that are relevant to the decision making process.
o Promotes creative thinking in other by asking questions and challenging assumptions.
o Becomes an active participant in all relevant activities and assignments.
o Good written and verbal communication skills.
o Able to express ideas and information in ways appropriate for the target audience.
o Strong working knowledge using Microsoft Office and Visio or Workflow tools (e.g. macros, VB, etc.). Able to create and update office documents and provide assistance to others.
o Strong knowledge of industry-standard SDLCs.
o Understands key business drivers and measures behind projects and work requests.
o Good facilitation skills.
Associate work schedule:
8:00 - 5:00 pm
External Job Description:
Contribute to an effective and efficient area by engaging with customers and business analysts to design and develop technology solutions.
• Ensures systems integrity through verification of policy accounting, agency accounting, and processing.
• Creates functional and technical specifications and test plans.
• Configures and codes accounting tables according to functional requirements and technical specifications.
• Identifies test scenarios and test cases
• Documents test coverage and traceability to requirements.
• Performs customer acceptance testing and user acceptance testing.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on systems and business domains related to the areas that are supported.
• Reviews code changes for efficiency and correctness.
• Independently gathers, understands, documents, and manages requirements for various projects and work requests.
• Uses knowledge, experience and technical expertise to respond to questions, facilitate problem solving, and advise and/or influence.
• Ensures implemented solutions/changes are successfully transitioned to the product support team.
• Provides assistance to other associates.
• Ensures risks and dependencies have been identified.
• Applies skills to several large complex projects and smaller efforts.
• Provides input into planning processes in regards to the best way to leverage our associates.
• Assist with production support to assess priorities and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Assists with test planning.
• Assists with crafting project initiation documents.
** Depending on the knowledge, experience or job fit of the Candidate, this position may be filled at a lower level.
Ameritas - 18 months ago