14 Room Surgical Suite with service lines covering General Surgery, GYN, GU/Urology, Peripheral Vascular, Plastics/ENT, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics and Cardiothoracic surgeries. Our average annual case load is approximately 10,000 cases.
About Banner Health
At Banner Health, we’re all about options and opportunities. With 23 hospitals in seven western states, we’re one of the nation’s most respected and awarded health systems. We were named one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the nation by Thomson Reuters and selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media. We’ve achieved this level of success by providing compassionate, ambitious health care professionals with an innovative work place and exceptional professional growth potential. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position plans and provides clinical support to patients and staff. Demonstrates clinical expertise of the assigned area. Provides leadership in clinical, financial, and personnel management within the department.
- Oversees the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management. Assures appropriate patient assignments to beds and staff. Completes daily rounding on patients and staff to ensure quality provision of care.
- Manages the unit to ensure patient and employee satisfaction while promoting safety and retention. Serves as a real-time resource and assists with clinical expertise for unit staff and physicians for problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues.
- Coordinates quality initiatives and process improvements. Aligns and manages to metrics.
- Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making problem-solving/critical thinking and employee engagement. Leads the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
- Facilitates unit meetings and shared governance / leadership efforts.
- Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
- Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget, provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment, and ensures optimal productivity for the department.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of nursing and healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing. Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification. Must possess at least 1-2 years of clinical experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Requires the ability to balance clinical skills with supervisory authority. Must have the ability to consider the ultimate impact of decisions on the unit. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. Requires New Leader Experience certification within one year.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.