POSTING DATE: Monday, February 11, 2013, 1:00 p.m.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
HOURLY WAGE: $12.966
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
WORK LOCATION: Palmer
REQUISITION NO.: 13-02
UNION REPRESENTATION: None
DEPARTMENT: Information Management
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
Applicant’s current driving record must be submitted to be considered for this position
This position is responsible for providing efficient and confidential document scanning for the digital document management system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
1. Prepare documents prior to scanning.
2. Scan and organize documents for filing in the digital document management system.
3. Check quality control throughout the process.
4. Assist the Digital Librarian/Archivist in filing and categorizing documents.
5. Work with Divisions on their scanning needs.
6. Special projects and assistance to others within department, as needed.
7. Perform the essential functions of the position in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the Association’s work rules and safety policy.
The above items are not intended to be all inclusive of the essential functions or requirements of this type of work as they are subject to change based on operating necessity. The employee will also perform other related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management personnel.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Qualified candidates are required to have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
· Preference will be given to those candidates with one year of general office experience
· Candidates must have a valid Alaska driver’s license and a driving record, which is acceptable and insurable by MEA’s insurance carrier at standard group rates.
NOTE: Complete achievement of certain of the above specifications may not be required if, in the opinion of the MEA hiring supervisor, a particular candidate possesses significant offsetting characteristics, such as past accomplishments, experience, education, or estimate of future potential. Should an applicant be deficient in certain educational achievements, offsetting experience may be substituted or vice versa.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Strong attention to detail.
· Maintain complete confidentiality of classified information.
· Familiarity with the use and application of scanning equipment.
· Working knowledge of personal computers.
· Able to work independently.
· Accurate and proficient data entry skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Deal effectively with a wide variety of people.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This position will be required to travel to other Company offices, various meetings, and programs.
· While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be required to move boxes of documents weighing up to thirty pounds each, sort and prepare documents for scanning, scan and place documents in an electronic file, stand and/or sit approximately 80 percent of work time while sorting, organizing, and scanning documents.
· Requires visual acuity to discern writing on paper and ability to scan documents into an electronic system, to include reading language to allow filing of documents into the appropriate electronic category.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in an office setting.
This position is classified as a nonexempt, nonunion position, and is eligible for overtime compensation based on both Federal and State of Alaska laws. All MEA employees are expected to work widely varying amounts of either (1) unscheduled overtime such as during power restoration activities; or, (2) scheduled overtime required to accomplish special projects.
NOTE: MEA requires a post-offer substance abuse test. Any positive test result, or refusal to consent to these tests, will disqualify applicant from employment.
Individuals with disabilities who wish to apply and who require reasonable accommodations to participate in any portion of the application or interview process should advise MEA in advance.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE COMPLETE AND SUBMIT AN MEA EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION BY THE CLOSING DATE
Matanuska Electric Association, Inc.
163 East Industrial Way (P.O. Box 2929), Palmer, Alaska 99645
Telephone: (907) 761-9319/ Facsimile: (907) 761-9264
MEA IS AN EEO/M/F/D/V EMPLOYER
Matanuska Electric Association, Inc. - 10 months ago