Are you skilled in accounting and or auditing and ready for more in your career? L&I has an opportunity that will challenge and reward you in Spokane. |
As an L&I Field Auditor, you will independently conduct audits of business financial records to determine premium liability for industrial insurance. You’ll perform onsite audits within local businesses and survey work operations to determine risk classifications for job hazards of the business and compliance with industrial insurance reporting requirements.
This is the perfect opportunity for a technical expert with equally strong people skills. If you're ready, bring your talents to public service and join us in keeping Washington safe and working.
Some of what you’ll do:
· Screen, schedule, coordinate and conduct audits of business financial records.
· Evaluate and verify financial records to determine compliance.
· Review employment contracts and conduct fact-finding interviews.
· Provide consultation and technical assistance to educate employers on contractor liability, recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
· Prepare subpoenas and other legal documents as needed and testify at industrial insurance appeals and court proceedings.
Who should apply:
Accounting professionals with at least 20 semester or 30 quarter hours in college level accounting, please attach a copy of college transcripts documenting proof of successfully completing required college credits in accounting in the application process and be prepared to present an official copy upon interview.
What we’re looking for:
· Professionals with bachelor's degree in accounting AND 4 years of professional accounting OR 2 years of auditing experience.
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing theory.
· Ability to provide customer service and work with both accounting and non-accounting personnel across the organization.
· A strong and effective communicator, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Experience facilitating training, providing information and instruction clearly and effectively.
· Proficient computer skills using MS Word, Excel, and Internet.
· The ability to properly identify, collect, and document data and information for assessment, analysis, and investigation.
· Interviewing skills and the ability to ask the right questions and gather and attain information.
· Skill in persuading others to voluntarily comply with regulations or policies. Building and maintaining effective working relationships.
· Experience successfully performing multiple tasks under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality or accuracy.
· Proven attention to detail and follow-through.
· Experience maintaining confidentiality.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new appointment into L&I a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above
Only complete applications will be considered. Be sure to answer all supplemental questions.
We’re looking for evidence that you have the skills, experience, and abilities indicated in this announcement. Information you provide will be used for deciding who'll be selected for the next step in our process.
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/
Contact us at: Jobs@LNI.wa.gov
As a condition of employment the successful candidate accepting this position will be required to comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees or the Coalition.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-9152. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
State of Washington - 10 months ago
Whether it's helping a vulnerable child, making highways safer or restoring salmon habitat, the work that we do matters to the people of...