Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- 8-10 years direct program operations or management on government or commercial programs
- Able to develop statement of work, assist in proposal development, capture management and business development
- Must have demonstrated leadership and people management and development skills.
- Possess strong oral, written, and presentation communications style and skills. Strong customer relationship skills.
- Familiar with Process Based Management, business process development and continuous improvement methods.
US Security Clearance Required
- Risk Mitigation experience, technical program and project planning techniques, experience developing budgets, managing to schedules and program execution. Knowledge of aircraft maintenance practices.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage existing business for growth opportunity and to identify and secure new business opportunity.
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Vertex Aerospace LLC
L-3 Communications - 2 years ago
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...