About Ogallala Community Hospital
Ogallala Community Hospital combines tradition and technology in the charming small town of Ogallala, Neb. Our 18-bed facility is at the heart of a well-integrated, total care system from primary care to specialty care and is committed to meeting the health care needs of western Nebraska. Serving a patient population from newborns through geriatric patients, we operate a very busy outpatient clinic as well as a specialty clinic with a variety of visiting specialists, including cardiology, urology, OB/GYN, podiatry, ENT and ophthalmology. Our commitment to compassionate, innovative patient care is evidenced in our receiving the Recognition of Quality Award from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska in 2007, 2008 and 2009. We also provide a uniquely rewarding lifestyle for healthcare professionals. In fact, we are located just a few miles from the shore of beautiful Lake McConaughy, Nebraska's largest body of water. With more than 100 miles of shoreline and white sand beaches you’ll enjoy recreational opportunities for all seasons.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position performs waived and non-waived tests as defined by CLIA ‘88 in an accurate and timely manner with supervision. Assists with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agencies and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA ’88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA).
- Organizes and performs or supports patient testing and facilitates overall efficient function of the entire lab. Ensures quality results through the collection and analysis of appropriate samples, use and evaluation of control materials, testing consistent with state licensure requirements, and proper instrument maintenance.
- Recognizes abnormal results or unusual circumstances and takes appropriate actions. Utilizes available resources to maintain and fix instruments or problem solve issues in collaboration with the Medical Technologist.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills applicable to job assignment through continuing education or professional organizations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all automated systems used in the department and can perform basic troubleshooting of system problems. Demonstrates competence and complies with pertinent accrediting agency and regulatory requirements.
- Orders and maintains inventory of testing supplies in designated area. Recognizes and provides input for opportunities for improvements in financial performance.
- May be required to perform basic phlebotomy.
Military applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent and have successfully completed an official military medical laboratory procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration and have held the military enlisted occupational specialty of Medical Laboratory Specialist (Laboratory Technician) OR a student in a recognized MLT program who has completed a clinical rotation in the area of hire and will receive MLT (ASCP or equivalent) certification within one year from completion of the program.
MLT/ASCP certification or equivalent. (Equivalent is defined as ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB.)
Demonstrates highly developed interpersonal skills and is proficient in basic computer skills. Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills, and high level of self-motivation. Use of mathematics, perform detailed work; work with frequent interruptions, multi-task, problem solve and memorization, Ability to take direction and assimilate instructions quickly.
Bachelor’s degree in a chemical or biological science and applicable laboratory experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 10 months ago