COSTCO SUMMER IT INTERN PROGRAM
Deadline for All Applications - March 22, 2013
Description of Position:
This is a TEMPORARY position. The Costco IT Division is inviting up to 20 students currently enrolled in an IT undergraduate or graduate program at a community college, college or university to participate in a 10-week intern program during the summer of 2013. Interns will work within specific areas in Costco’s Information Systems Division. In addition, they will attend presentations given by various members of Executive Management from IS and other areas of the Company.
All Costco Summer IT Intern Program participants must:
- All Costco Summer IT Interns are expected to intern full-time for the entire term of the program of 10 weeks.
- Interns will be expected to work from approximately 8am – 5pm, Monday-Friday (schedule may vary by team)
- The Summer 2013 internship term runs from June 24, 2013 – September 13, 2013 (dates may be adjusted to accommodate different college schedules)
All Costco Summer IT Intern Program participants must provide:
- Have authorization to work in the United States
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship
- Be maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be students currently enrolled in an IT undergraduate or graduate program at a community college, college or university
- Costco warehouse or retail experience is a plus
1. Two Essays: Each answer should be between 300-500 words in length
- In no more than 500 words, please describe why you are interested in applying for the Costco Summer I.T. Intern Program, what you expect to gain from participating in the program and how it may impact your future goals.
- In no more than 500 words, please describe your aspirations for a career in the computer/technology industry. Include one or more examples of how you have already applied your skills, other than as a classroom assignment.
2. Current Resume: should not exceed one page
3. Two Letters of Recommendation with email addresses and phone numbers
Please attach documents 1 - 3 to your profile created during application process.
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .