Functional Area(s): Information Systems
Job Description: General Mills is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator responsible for planning, design, installation, maintenance, and administration of Linux operating systems and hardware.
This person will work closely with the Enterprise Platform staff and development community to provide an infrastructure that supports the requirements of SAP, Oracle, RedPrairie, VMware and other internally developed and purchased applications.
In this role you will:
Troubleshoot issues by providing end-to-end support of the HP ProLiant systems and application landscape including: Linux (RHEL/SUSE), Backup/recovery, develop and maintain tools and applications written in Bash/Korn Shell, C/C++, Perl, Python and PHP.
Participate in a cross functional team environment to provide troubleshooting and support around core business applications, including Oracle and SAP.
Manage internal projects aimed at improving the team's internal process and actively participate in external projects, ensuring that they follow General Mills infrastructure standards and are implemented in a timely manner.
Responsibilities include rotating on call support and planned project activities. Candidate will be expected to be able to manage multiple commitments in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years or more of successful IT experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to prioritize work, yet flexible enough to change priorities as business needs dictate.
- Proven excellent project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Strong aptitude to learn and passion for problem solving.
- Experience with Linux Server Infrastructure
- Familiarity with Linux operating environment.
- Linux systems administration in the support of a large business.
- Development Skills: Background/Aptitude with various scripting tools, C/C++, PHP, Perl, Bash/Korn Shell, Python
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
- Familiarity with virtualization concepts.
- Understanding of Storage Area Networks.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2012 global net sales of US$16 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Job ID: 51841536
General Mills Inc. - 23 months ago
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills...