Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States and in London, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant in our St. Louis office.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Prioritizes and coordinates projects for one or more attorneys/timekeepers, managing multiple, simultaneous tasks. Communicates effectively, courteously, and professionally with clients, visitors, staff, and timekeepers. Demonstrates good grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills. Heavy litigation and superb organizational skills are required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prioritizes work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Operates office equipment including PCs, printers, phones, Dictaphones, copiers, facsimiles and typewriters.
- Supports timekeepers by making meeting and travel arrangements.
- Maintains calendar for timekeepers.
- Responsible for professionally managing incoming calls for timekeepers.
- Types correspondence, memoranda and other legal documentation accurately; includes transcription.
- Performs clerical tasks such as filing, coding and organizing documents in paper form and electronically.
- Enters client billable time.
- Prepares expense reimbursements/disbursements.
- Opens new files, requests conflict checks.
- Reads, sorts and dates incoming mail, and ensures that outgoing mail is delivered.
- Copes successfully with demands from timekeepers, remaining calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of ECF Filings.
- Conducts all business in a confidential manner.
- Evaluates situations to determine the appropriate action.
- Coordinates assignments with Office Services and the Resource Center
- Utilizes firm resources effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more. Please send a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to:
- Minimum two years litigation experience.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
- Previous experience in Windows or similar software package preferred.
- Previous transcription experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Husch Blackwell - 18 months ago
Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with 600 attorneys. Our Government Contracts Practice Group is one of...