Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,600+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Corporate Communications Department has an opening for a Communications Representative to reside in the Phoenix, AZ area.
Position Purpose: The Communications Representative is responsible for supporting internal groups with the development of timely, accurate communication materials helping employees that reside in the Phoenix area, which includes Corporate employees and the company’s Phoenix Division employees, understand and embrace their role in attaining company objectives. Communication vehicles include internal office communications, intranet messaging, executive communications and global e-mails. They also manage projects and external resources to complete communication projects and initiatives, while providing editorial support to the leadership staff and Human Resources.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Insures conformity to communication template, processes and procedures and utilization of key message platforms
• Reviews all content and evaluates for relevancy, redundancy and timeliness and consults with subject matter experts to verify relevancy
• Provides editorial reviews (brevity, clarity, grammatical correctness) for all communications, particularly for operational messaging
• Write and edit clear, targeted and concise communications that drives company-wide employee engagement.
• Support Manager of Corporate Communication and Director of Human Resources with communication plans and key message points for company and location-specific initiatives.
• Draft, research and coordinate the delivery of senior executive communications (i.e. letters/talking points/internal announcements).
• Partner closely with internal stakeholder groups (Phoenix Division leadership, Human Resources, Employee Resource Groups, Administrative Services, Marketing, IT, etc.) and other communication functional areas to understand communication needs and develop content to meet project objectives
• Translate complex company initiatives/programs into easy to understand messaging (both visually and verbally).
• Assist with posting and publishing web content for Safeway Intranet.
• Manage targeted and global email communications through email/online applications (i.e. Outlook) and assess appropriate audiences
• Collaborates and consults independently with senior leaders
• Manage communication calendars and assists with managing the communication landscape for all employee audiences (i.e. backstage and retail).
• Tracks and measures effectiveness of published communications to determine quality and value for intended audience. Employ continual process improvement techniques to ensure the highest possible rates for user understanding.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related discipline required. Prefer a secondary degree in Web-related field or relevant work experience preferred.
• Minimum of four years’ experience in business related field, internal/corporate communications environment.
• Experience and knowledge of communications supporting change management.
• Thrives in fast-paced, ever changing business environment.
• Proven expertise as a superb writer, editor, presenter and proofreader.
• Able to work and manage effectively in a team environment as well as with autonomy.
• Ability to prioritize and work under tight-deadlines.
• Strong sense of urgency and corporate environment orientation.
• Experience in multi-tasking and leading complex projects and must utilize project management, tools and principles.
• Deep understanding of communications strategy and broad exposure to multiple types of deliverables.
• Experience in developing and executing communication plans and strategy.
• Excellent project management, client service, team building and interpersonal communication skills to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to present strong written and verbal communication skills.
• High-level of integrity and ability to use discretion when presented with sensitive or confidential issues.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Proficiency in Web-based publishing tools including HTML, CSS, Flash and blogging software
• Familiarity with design and prototyping tools including Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop and Visio.
• Ability to identify and ensure that improvement opportunities within the department are identified, implemented, tracked and measured
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway Corp. - 6 months ago
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...