Our client is the world's leading enterprise social networking service looking for immediate additional support to build out new enterprise datacenters to power explosive growth and maintain reliable services.
You are an expert in distributed, highly concurrent, web-scale systems that are fault-tolerant and run 24x7 with unparalleled availability. You are a talented Systems Engineer, and you thrive on managing and maintaining a reliable environment.
Your position has a variety of responsibilities , including:
You possess these qualities:
- Taking charge of outages, leading the calls until they are resolved, and making sure the root cause has been found and fixed.
- Creating alerting solutions to detect issues before our customers do, fixing them automatically if possible, and if not, contacting the right people as quickly as possible.
- Proactively going after problems detected by the monitoring infrastructure
You have these skills:
- You see the big picture delivering a 24x7 service
- You are effective working with multiple teams
- You have high standards in everything you do
- You can balance multiple tasks
- You can work during the evening or weekend shifts
- You are willing to participate in an on-call rotation
You may even have these skills:
- Ability to keep a cool head under pressure and effectively participate in system down crisis situations
- Scripting skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, or equivalent interpreted language
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- In-depth experience operating a 24x7 production environment
- Fluency in Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu
- Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause, and drive resolution
This contract is expected to be 6 months with a possibility of extension.
- Familiarity with large-scale systems and methodologies
- Direct experience with CDN technologies and methodologies
- Network design and troubleshooting experience
CompuCom - 11 months ago
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...