Purchasing Project Manager
The Purchasing Project Manager (PPM) manages the cross departmental purchasing activities for the Product Realization Process (PRP) and Life Cycle Support (LCS). He/She is the department’s representative in PRP project teams and thereafter the Product Platforms team, which manages the product life cycle.
The PPM is internally oriented and ensures that the purchasing strategy is fully executed in the project teams. He/she has a good understanding about purchasing processes and strategies and is able to influence cross functional teams and people at various levels in the organization. The PPM has a thorough understanding of product development processes and the implications on the supply base.
He/she is responsible for Total Product Cost management and reporting, in close collaboration with other functions.
The PPM must be able to work independently, is very well organized, makes use of advanced project management tools and anticipates on future roadblocks to bring products to market and ensures that all purchasing targets are being met (on time delivery of parts, services, cost and product/ part quality levels).
Ultrasound Products is expanding its product portfolio and actively outsources the manufacturing and development of key modules and finished goods. This directly affects the complexity of what Purchasing buys and manages significantly. The Supply Base of the Ultrasound organization has significantly changed over the last couple of years from being locally oriented (driving distance) to truly global ( >60% of parts are coming from Low Cost Countries such as China, Taiwan, and Europe for key modules)
- Represents purchasing and suppliers in the project teams
- Full product cost management
- Drives the make or buy analysis (in-sourcing / out-sourcing of parts and production)
- Managing Purchasing contribution to PRP, including/designated suppliers
- Responsible to develop, communicate, and maintain detailed purchasing project schedules that support higher level program schedules, ensuring communication within purchasing and cross functionally.
- Ensuring the achievement of ALL Purchasing targets for the project(s) at milestones (supplier support, cost, on time delivery of materials, quality, qualification of parts, processes and equipment)
- Gather project requirements for RFQs (estimated volumes, etc.)
- Gathers content from the project teams and works with the Commodity Manager and Supplier Project Leads to define requirements for Project Level Agreements (PLAs)
- Facilitates or organizes cross functional Design In Workshops (DiW)
- Represent Purchasing in ensuring supportive demand planning and demand signals during the PRP phases
- Ensures ramp up and capacity needed upon release (internal coordination, guidance for Supplier Project Lead (SPL))
- Ensure key component release & parts approval (internal activities)
- Monitor/analyze to ensure accuracy of multi-tier BOM’s (completeness of structures, effectivities, BDI linkages-- trigger SPL & Buyer/Planner master data updates –CPAF/MM/etc.) and escalate issues to R&D/CTL
- Concept Savings projects (internal coordination)
- X- functional alignment of Phase in / Phase out planning and complex CN/CIPs
- Strong project management skills,
- Experience with global supplier management and sourcing initiatives
- Experience with cost engineering and management
- Knowing and understanding broad business perspective
- Knowledge of Supply management strategies and tools
- Proven ability to manage relationships at all org. levels
- Demonstrated ability in working in a complex/global environment
Philips is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience required.
- Analytical, strategic thinking, results oriented mindset
- Experience with MS Project, preferred
- Ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills, across functions and organizational layers
- Demonstrated ability to organize and structure
- PMP certification preferred
- 10+ years of experience in project management/sourcing/ supplier/commodity management preferred.
- MBA preferred
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Philips Global - 6 months ago