The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Shift Packaging Supervisor position available in our potato processing plant in Aberdeen, ID.
This position coordinates the activities in the packaging area on each shift to produce finished products at target specifications in a food safe environment to maximize operational efficiencies and to ensure the safety of all employees.
- Ensures that finished product quality, food safety, and overall sanitation procedures and practices are meeting specification or standards.
- Ensures that the packaging area is operating as efficiently as possible at all times in conjunction with changes in the process throughout each shift. This includes the development and implementation of process/productivity improvements that affect safety, quality, and/or costs and to manage all tote and rework activities to minimize the overall impact to plant operations.
- Ensures that all employees are following safe practices and participating in the CARE process by being proactive in their approach to safety inside and outside of work.
- Ensures that all packaging area employees are properly trained to operate equipment, keep records, make timely communications, and to complete any other activity occurring in their area to maximize overall operational effectiveness.
- Supervises the packaging area employees by directing the activities of the team to provide the best support during each shift.
- Ensures compliance to Company policy, procedures, and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensures demonstrated leadership of team members and other support personnel is conducted in a participative management style conducive with operational goals.
- A bachelor's degree and two + years of related experience and/or training in food processing. Education with an emphasis in Engineering, Business, or Food Science is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirements.
- Must have supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment with a strong quality assurance and safety background.
- Must have strong mathematical skills, and solid verbal and written communications skills.
Aberdeen is in the heart of some of the country’s best-known recreational areas (Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks, Jackson Hole). The city boasts activities such as golfing, camping, fishing, hiking, whitewater rafting, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling – an outdoor recreation paradise!
How to Apply
All open positions
- Search Job ID #
1153– Shift Packaging Supervisor (Food Group – Aberdeen, ID)
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at email@example.com.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
J.R. Simplot Company - 19 months ago