Sea View Farm is a potato growing operation with locations in Tappen, ND and Little Falls, MN.
Reporting to the Raw Procurement Manager, the Farm Manager will oversee the management of successfully growing potatoes for French Fry Processing. This includes directing daily activities from Potato Seed Cutting, Planting, Growing, Harvesting and Storing in a manner that clients attain highest possible yields and profitability from the Sea View Farm Potato operation. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, “Can Do” attitude and the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment. To be based in Tappen, North Dakota.
- Responsibility for the long term sustainable operation of the Farm in all manners including environmental, personnel, and profitability;
- Plant, maintain and harvest the crop;
- Management of financial budgets, cost statements and profitability;
- Develop and manage both seasonal and full time employees;
- Maintain a long term sustainable crop rotation while working closely with area Landlords;
- Cultivate positive relationships with our suppliers and customers in the farming Community;
- Drive the safety agenda;
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please click "Apply Now"
- Post-secondary education in Agriculture;
- Minimum 3 years agriculture experience;
- Proven experience in potato production and farm management is an asset;
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Willing to work flexible hours.
Applications must be received by March 4, 2013.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J.D. Irving - 17 months ago
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to sustainable forest management. This means ensuring that our forests are environmentally sustainable,...