Communications Associate I
Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in more than 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global and bilateral contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other USG clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
This position is housed in the Communications Division, reporting to the Senior Director of Communications. The position regularly interacts with Program and Business Unit personnel in HQ and the field and collaborates with Communications Division personnel. The incumbent may supervise zero personnel in select technical areas.
- Serve as a dedicated liaison to one of the Programmatic Divisions;
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Assist Divisions (individual Practice Area Directors, Project Directors, Backstops) in the specification of deliverables, planning of tasks, scheduling and delivery;
- Provide ongoing support to field offices, as requested, of designated Division to better promote Creative programs through development of mixed media outreach strategies (social media, print media, TV/radio broadcasts, documentaries, website support);
- Review materials prepared by Creative program teams to ensure standardization and quality of program documents;
- Develop and edit copy for success stories, reports, press releases, videos, web content and mixed media;
- Contribute to the development of annual schedule of events requiring Communications contributions;
- Represent Creative at events to positively present the company as a whole and develop ideas for content for use with Creative publications and social media;
- Support development and execution of internal marketing strategy;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Director of Communications and/or in support of the Communications Division.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or a related field;
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in the communications space;
- Experience working in international development, preferably in a communications role;
- Demonstrated ability to produce cogent and compelling text that aligns with communications objectives;
- Familiarity with emerging media, including digital and social media and networking tools;
- Experience planning, coordinating and carrying out video production, including script writing, interaction with contract videographers and video editors;
- Samples of work, particularly text and videos;
- Ability to travel to field locations in support of communications efforts;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.