David Evans and Associates is currently seeking a Business Analyst to join our project team for our client based in Portland, OR. This position is located in the Help Desk and Outreach group located within the IT Department. The Business Analyst is a person who collaborates with work teams and IT service providers that interact with and through the Help Desk, to create or refine business processes and documents those processes for the reference of both internal IT staff and IT clients within the business lines.
- Create and/or update various process guides within the NJR Client Services organization
- Create and/or update various technical practice guides within the NJR Client Services organization
- POC for document and process changes that span the NJR organization
- Manage NJR document team mailbox and prioritize tasks based upon impact and time requirements
- Documentation lead for IT projects that directly impact the various provider groups within the NJR organization
- Providing on-call and backup support for other processes with the NJR client services/documentation team
- 5+ years of experience, Computer Technology or related field
- 5+ years of experience, Process analysis and technical writing
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint / Web based knowledge management
- Experience with process and workflow modeling tools such as Visio, System Architect, ProVision, etc.
- Experience with negotiating priorities and resolving requirement conflicts among various stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. The ability to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities
Knowledge of and Skill in Applying:
Expert level knowledge of and skill in using
- Microsoft Office suite of products
- Microsoft SharePoint / Web based knowledge management
- Create Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, Power Point presentations, Visio flowcharts and Project Plans, etc
- Create and/or manage content on knowledge management repositories
- Business process analysis skills
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Associate Degree in Tech Writing (or better)
- Project Management experience
- Technical interviewing skills in the Information Technology environment
- Working shifts that range from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
- High level of organizational abilities and multi-tasking
- General office skills such as phone and data entry skills
- Travel to meet with supported employees, work on local projects or attend team or technical meetings is required.
- Consistently arrive on-time for assigned work shift.
- The position is generally sedentary, however occasionally, bending, stooping, lifting, kneeling, reaching and walking for short distances (up to 500 yards) may be required.
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities.
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to convey technical advice and information to the agency, external contacts, high profile clients and coworkers who have varying degrees of ability with Information Technology.
- Display calm and a customer oriented attitude in fast-paced and sometimes stressful conditions.
- Ability to meet timelines, milestones, and deliverables and provide timely (weekly) status updates.
- Provide a sustainable IT infrastructure by supplying cross training and functional documentation.
**Interested and qualified candidates may apply directly, or by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
David Evans & Associates - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard