The nurse practitioner has responsibility for continuous, coordinated and comprehensive care to members at designated skilled nursing facilities contracted to participate in Cigna/Healthspring's Institutional Special Needs plans in Baltimore, Maryland. This position includes a competitive compensation package and mileage reimbursement.
The nurse practitioner is the coordinator of the care management team and assumes responsibility for collaborative practice with the member’s primary care physician. In addition, the nurse practitioner serves as medical liaison to the interdisciplinary staff and allied health providers, provides case management services, integrates components for care conferences and case presentations, and communicates information and reports to assure seamless delivery of services.
The nurse practitioner is a key member of the clinical team onsite at the facility and provides preventive services, establishes medical diagnoses for both chronic and common acute problems, orders and interprets diagnostic tests, prescribes medications, refers to specialists and other providers as appropriate, provides basic emergency care if necessary, and acts as a resource to members, families, and staff..Requirements
- Licensed as an Adult, Family or Gerontological Nurse Practitioner
- Pharmacy and DEA prescription privileges
- Clear commitment to the care of the elderly and the attendant needs of their families
- Previous NP experience preferred but will also consider a new NP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Excellent teaching skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to work in a busy environment
- Position will travel between facilitiesand a mileage reimbursement is offered
Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security....