Serves as operational coordinator for the program. Provides educational leadership and guidance on instructional methods to program staff. Coordinates and communicates program evaluation plan. Provides continuous feedback on program components to assure effective and relevant delivery of program. Evaluates staff performance.
Staff: Supervises, monitors, coaches, and counsels staff and students where necessary. Conduct performance evaluation of staff (mid and final). Understand and communicate Kamehameha Schools policies and procedures that are relevant to the program.
Curriculum Development: Serves as the operational coordinator of the program. Ensures continuity through all program activities (day/night). Provide educational leadership and guidance in the development of program curriculum and activities ensuring relevance and rigor.
Operations : Implement program curriculum. Supervises program check-in and check outs insuring student accountability. Coordinate and communicate program evaluation plan. Resides in program assigned living space (Asst. Coordinator – Night).
Handles emergency situations involving students and or staff, insuring the health and well-being of all. Represents the program coordinator during his/her absence, and acts on authority when necessary.
Assists in the orientation training and the evaluation of program staff. Closes program insuring that all equipment and supplies are accounted for and stored properly.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Ability to:
- Handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to follow-up on details
- Deal with conflict involving staff, students, and parent
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hawaiian culture and history specific to program island.
- Chaperone, instruct and supervise students while on hikes and long walks during field trips which may involve strenuous physical activity
- Good human relations and communication skills
- Experience in group dynamics, organizational techniques and team building
- Prior experience with student boarding programs
- Knowledge of Hawaiian Studies curriculum specific to program island.
- Driver’s license.
- Certified in first aid and water safety desirable.
- Knowledge of KS operations and programs desirable
Kamehameha Schools - 24 months ago
Kamehameha Schools provides an education fit for a king ... or queen. The private charitable trust was founded and endowed by Princess...