Cash Posting Associate:|
Performs specific tasks related to account resolution by utilizing approved billing and collection techniques to contribute to the overall department success. Primary responsibility is for posting all payments and adjustments to the specified patient account in accordance with the current policy and procedure. Focuses on helping to optimize operations, improve cash flow and strengthen the financial position of the client.
- Utilizes various billing systems to post payments for medical/clinical/facility services.
- Assists in the research and correction of posting errors.
- Reviews insurance denials.
- Reviews remits from payors to ensure that the correct total charges and patient liability are being billed.
- Acts as the connection between internal and external clients to assist in the account billing resolution process and to escalate issues which adversely impact claim resolution and payment.
- Updates patient and insurance information in the billing system.
- Applies knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Follows policies and procedures defined by the department as required to meet payer and regulatory requirements related to claims billing and payment, including procedures related to the release of information, record retention, privacy and confidentiality.
- Applies communication skills to provide service, coordinate information and collaborate with others.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree, technical college or some college course work preferred
- 1+ year applicable accounting or office experience preferred
Dell - 22 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...