We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
- Successfully initiating and leading large global or cross-functional projects with significant business impact, including projects that involve the development of patentable or proprietary technology. Leads projects using project management discipline, design of experiment (DOE) methodologies and statistical analysis to draw conclusions and present solutions based on understanding of structure-property-performance relationships.
- Acting as an internal technical expert with broad technical knowledge, recognized and sought out by peers, management and project sponsors.
- Delivering significant value to the company in terms of new product sales and/or intellectual property that has produced tangible benefits.
- Generating, and building upon a body of intellectual property (trade secret or patent).
- Meeting research goals within time and budget constraints.
- Providing technical leadership of projects through the Stage-Gate process.
- Representing H.B. Fuller internally and externally through presentations and publications, as well as acting as a link to outside professional and/or academic institutions.
- Coaching and mentoring others in the lab, including teaching DOE and the use of statistical tools for analysis.
- Fulfilling responsibilities as required by EHS and Quality System requirements.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 8 years of professional industry experience formulating cementitious products.
- Masters degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 6 years of professional industry experience formulating cementitious products.
Responsive to change – Adapts quickly to changing circumstances
- Recognized internal expert in the formulation and development of cementitious products.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and lead large global or cross-functional projects with significant business impact, including projects that involve the development of patentable or proprietary technology.
- Demonstrated understanding of cementitious building materials and the applicable competitive landscape, including the ability to map the market space to identify opportunities.
- Has developed a body of intellectual property with a significant financial impact, and continues to demonstrate the ability to generate new intellectual property (trade secret or patent).
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management, Stage-Gate, Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical tools, including ability to teach and mentor others.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver internal and external (customer and industry) presentations in a professional manner including acting as a link to outside professional and/or academic institutions.
- An understanding of government regulations i.e., DOT, TSCA, FDA, SARA, USDA, etc. that are pertinent to their work.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
Individually responsible for results – Engages in activities and experiences that strengthen contribution to the organization
Model collaboration and commitment – Focuses on team success before individual success
Focus on customers – Creates an experience for customers – delights customers by providing exceptional value and service
Demonstrates operational excellence – Continually looks for new and better ways to get things done and shows functional/technical proficiency in work
Demonstrates effective self management – Seeks to understand and act upon improvement opportunities
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The majority of duties are performed in a laboratory environment; however, it may be necessary to perform product testing/applications outdoors or in a controlled environment such as high temperature/humidity
- Occasional lifting of 25-50# bags or pails
- Personal Protective Equipment is required during routine laboratory work, and safety shoes and safety glasses should be worn at all times except when at one’s desk
- Handling of various raw materials and laboratory chemicals will be necessary. Exposure to construction chemicals including but not limited to cement and latex.
- Product applications may require some physical effort such as lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or bending.
- Operation of physical and chemical testing equipment will be necessary.
- Travel up to 25% may be necessary.
- Certain skills and physical dexterity are required during proper evaluation of lab and production batches, including the use of application tools such as trowels, floats, and other tools, and a basic skill and understanding in the use and application of adhesive and setting materials produced by HBF-CP.
Welcome to the world of H.B. Fuller! Our company is a leading provider of specialty adhesives and chemical products used to create hundreds...