Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Project Technician who will perform administrative, non-engineering work for Project Engineering within the Midwest United States region and other regions as required. This position will be located in our engineering offices in Middletown, OH, and the position will support approximately 5 project engineers.
This position is a full time Project Technician/Coordinator who supports Global Operations Customer Engineering functions within the midwest United States region. The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Project Engineers in managing all parts of the project role, such as:
1. Provide project support for project tasks that do not require engineering expertise.
2. Supporting multiple engineers in the project requirements for customer proposals, active projects and project closing.
3. Manage, create and update documentation and data within Vantage (project management software), SAP (accounting/equipment management software), and other designated systems.
4. Provide a consistently documented project in Vantage, to allow ease of data access by other groups, such as maintenance.
5. Be an integral part of the project team dedicated to achieving the goals customer engineering organization.
6. The incumbent must have, or be able to obtain, a proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Products, file types ( docx, xlsx, pdf, etc), Vantage, MS Sharepoint, SAP, and APCI document procedures.
7. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively in English.
8. Support construction activities as required.
9. Completion of work must be in a timely manner, usually in 24 hours, for week day requests.
• Learn and apply Vantage knowledge, systems, procedures, and work processes within customer engineering project organization.
• Coordinate/expedite all assigned work related activities through the use of standardized methods and procedures.
• Accurately manage global project status, reports and measures within customer engineering.
• Manage Vantage templates for global internal customers.
• Manage the inputs and updates of equipment drawings,documents, packages, and systems in Vantage per the work instructions.
• Achieve objectives within specified budget and timeline.
• Meet/exceed internal and external customer expectations to achieve service excellence by understanding their requirements, expectations, and responding on a timely basis.
• Improve the effectiveness of the work team by sharing individual knowledge/expertise, assisting others, and making recommendations on processes, methods, and systems.
• Project Engineer/Technician receives supplier documentation to review/approve before adding to Vantage.
• Provide training for new Vantage users in the project support area.
• Single point of contact for Global Operations Customer Engineering Project support that is outside of SAP.
• Provide backup SAP support as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High School, technical diploma or College Degree
• Minimum 2 years working experience
• A self-starter with very strong, teamwork, communication and organization skills. Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft applications and SAP
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2012, Air Products had sales approaching $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #11625BR.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 2 years ago
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...