About the Role and Responsibilities
Location: Santa Clara, CA.
About the Role:
We are looking for a superb Linux System Administrator to join our team in Santa Clara. The ideal candidate will be results driven, able to move and execute quickly, deal with rapidly evolving environments, and work well with application development and QA teams. This role will be helping to implement complete system automation using the Puppet configuration management toolset.
- Proficient in Linux OS administration and configuration (RedHat/CentOS)
- Proficient in Puppet configuration and administration
- Able to modify and create Puppet modules
- Strong focus on automation
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Familiar with iptables and linux firewalling
- Experience in managing large numbers of systems
- Strong scripting skills (perl, shell, ruby, python, ect)
- Familiar with source code management (git, svn, cvs)
- Familiar with VMWare ESX, vCenter
- Familiar with Netapp 7.x, 8.x, NAS, SAN, iSCSI, FCOE
- Experience with mysql and postgresql
- Experience with dns/bind
- Understanding of networking topologies
- Security focused administration
- Experience with monitoring tools such as cacti and nagios
- Splunk administration and reporting
- Jira/Confluence administration
- F5 Load Balancers
- Microsoft Windows familiarity
- 3+plus years’ experience, BS/BA degree
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: IT Operations
Primary Location: NA-USA-CA-Santa Clara
Position Number: 882946
McAfee - 19 months ago
McAfee puts a virtual padlock on IT resources. The company sells network security products that protect computers, networks, and mobile...