The Jewish Community Center has an opening for a |
Member Services Desk Manager
to join our Member Services team. This new position is full time, exempt, and is eligible for our complete benefits package. While there is flexibility in the scheduling, the expectation is for the normal work schedule to be Friday - Tuesday (including some evening hours), with flexibility to cover for your staff if necessary.
Maintain a high standard of customer service for the J’s customer service desks, delivering beyond our members’ expectations while creating a friendly and welcoming environment. Contribute to member retention as well as new membership sales.
- Hire, train, supervise, and schedule Member Service Coordinators for all J customer service desks.
- Schedule staff across the customer service desks, responsible for maintaining staff coverage, absences and vacation requests.
- Prepare payroll, according to Accounting Department guidelines, for Member Service Coordinator team. Payroll should beted on time, accurately, and with appropriate approvals.
- Together with Member Services Manager, have overall responsibility for processes and procedures around member check in and inquiries. Ensure all staff are trained and consistently following process and procedure. Update or create processes and procedures as necessary.
- Conduct monthly training on products, services, processes and procedures for all membership coordinators, massage team members and fitness team members as required.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for a product/program/exercise of the month program. Solicit input from Fitness management and work together with Marketing team. Develop and perform staff education and communication around the promotion.
- Prepare and maintain cohesive merchandizing at each customer desk with monthly changes. Select, order, and maintain inventory of products.
- Work closely with Member Services on existing member accounts to update account information, billing information, status, etc.
- Support the Membership Sales team in new member transition and acquisition. Present membership information to prospective members and refer them to the Membership Sales team for pricing, service options and tours. Be prepared to provide a tour should situation require it.
- Ensure that the member reservation and appointment scheduling process goes smoothly. Step in to trouble shoot if problems arise.
- Respond to members’ comments and suggestions, acting as a first line of communication.
- Be knowledgeable about and educate members on programs and activities offered by the J. Promote programs, services, and activities.
- During busy or short staffed periods, be able to smoothly step in to your team’s role and efficiently check in members, respond to their requests, book appointments and reservations, and process purchases of retail goods and club services.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- College degree in related field is preferred.
- Prior experience in customer service or retail sales is required.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills along with the ability to maintain a customer focused demeanor when dealing with stressful situations.
- Must have demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite( Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Must have demonstrated ability to learn and use new software applications. Position requires the use of CSI, a fitness center management software application.
- Basic math and accounting skills are required.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification is required. Training is provided if necessary.
- Must be able to stand for several hours during work day as well as sit and move around our facility, and lift and carry up to 25lbs.