The Senior Proposal Writer/Editor has primary responsibility for developing and shaping proposal content. He/she uses superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills to produce polished and compelling responses to Government and commercial RFPs, RFQs, TORPs, and RFIs.
The Senior Proposal Writer/Editor generates proposal content through original writing, research, SME interviews, re-use of previous proposal materials, and other means for assigned proposals and task orders to help win new business.
• Develop and shape proposal content
• Generate content through original writing, research, SME interviews, re-use of previous proposal materials, and other means
• Write, edit, and proofread proposals and other documents according to established company style guidelines
• Edit documents for format, grammar, style, punctuation, and spelling
• Review documents for clarity, conciseness, readability, and adherence to company style
• Provide backup capabilities in desktop publishing, graphic design, and other department functions
• Participate as a team member to creatively solve problems and collaborate to improve products, processes, and systems
Essential Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in English or related field from accredited college or university; master’s degree a plus
• 8+ years of relevant experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
• Flexible, highly adaptable, and self-driven to perform writing/editing tasks individually as necessary
• Strong understanding of compliance, proposal structure, and strategy and ability to create compelling documents
• Strong interpersonal skills to work in a fast-paced and dynamic office focused on deliberate captures, IDIQ deliberate captures, quick-turnaround task orders, and other types of written responses such as white papers or studies
• Knowledge and understanding of principles, techniques, methods, and procedures of Government and commercial contracting and procurement process
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Experience in desktop publishing and graphic design and software a plus
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Active U.S. Government security clearance or ability to obtain clearance
Valued but not required Skills and Experience
• Government Contract experience
• Experience in working with a multi-national or Global company
Reporting to this Position
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be able to read and comprehend proposal documents. Must be prepared to attend meetings for proposal preparation. Must be prepared to interact with company personnel at all levels of the organization. Must be able to have flexible work schedule to meet proposal deadlines.
Individuals with work authorization based on non-immigrant visa status should advise type of visa when submitting resume. Triple Canopy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Triple Canopy - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
True to its name, Triple Canopy's got your safety covered. Offering a broad range of security services, the company mitigates risk for...