Under the direction of the Manager, provides high quality nursing care for patients as identified by the standards of Nursing Practice and the Illinois State Nurse Practice Act. The staff nurse may function within one or more of the clinic departments and sites.
1. Maintain competencies in accordance with policy/procedure of the clinic and specialty department
2. Collaborates with the health care team to plan for patient care across the continuum; utilizes clinical pathways, algorithms and other resources as appropriate
3. Implements patient care in a safe and cost effective manner; involves patient/significant other in planning care and developing goals
4. Participates in continuous improvement activities/staff meetings/committees/projects
5. Demonstrates diplomacy and sound judgments in all interactions
6. Utilizes critical thinking to prioritize and manage complex patient care
7. Delegates tasks appropriately while maintaining accountability for outcomes
8. Provides constructive feedback to colleagues for continued growth of the team
9. Participates in the health care team's efforts to plan and implement patient care across the continuum of care
10. Demonstrates knowledge of financial aspects of the clinic; supports and follows through managed care and billing issues.
1. Defines and consistently pursues own continuing education requirements pertinent to current need in the position
2. Demonstrates a working knowledge of current trends in health care
3. Performs additional duties as may from time to time be required.
1. Self-starter, able to handle periods of high stress
2. Prolonged periods of standing/walking/sitting/bending/reaching/climbing and repetitive use of hands
3. Able to lift up to 40 lbs. and carry/push up to 20 lbs.
4. Flexible to scheduling changes including overtime, Saturday hours, and other sites
Able to effectively communicate in English, both written & verbal
Flexible to scheduling changes including overtime, evening and Saturday rotation
3-5 years strong clinical LPN experience, Office LPN experience highly preferred
Ability to travel to various clinic locations with physician
At least one year of work experience in a Physician’s Office
Prior work experience in an Internal Medicine or Family Practice setting, highly preferred
Current Illinois LPN license
Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare - 12 months ago
We at Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare wish to extend our appreciation for the opportunity to care for your healthcare needs. We're here to give...