The team of cardiovascular MR research and development, located at a leading university hospital, consists of a small highly motivated, interdisciplinary team of scientists, engineers and advanced application specialists. We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced individual to join our team to help maximize the clinical and business impact of our research work. The individual will be responsible for designing and driving clinical research projects with our collaborators and for providing consultation and advanced applications support to carry-out clinical research. Furthermore, the individual will act as a liaison to other internal Siemens groups, and will contribute actively to research, clinical and product implementation of novel cardiovascular MR techniques. Deep knowledge of both the clinical applications of MR as well as its physical principles is required. Strong attention to detail, outstanding communications skills, ability to create new and innovative solutions, establish and maintain relationships with a variety of people in different roles / levels and physical locations are essential. Extensive experience in multiple functional areas in the industry of medical imaging or clinical work is strongly desired.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Clinical/Basic Research Consulting
Research and Development
- Guide development of customer relationships. Initiate and drive clinical and basic research studies with collaboration partners based on new research developments and new applications of product features resulting in peer reviewed publications
- Respond to collaborator inquiries on usage of product and investigational software and hardware for research purposes
- Support experimental work done by collaborators as needed, including optimization of protocols, and on-site education on how to adapt software to current research needs
- Keep collaboration sites informed about new research developments from Siemens appropriate to their projects
Sales and Marketing Support
- Analyze research workflow and potential image quality improvements together with internal and external collaborators and work with other development teams to implement and validate
- Participate in testing and validation of software
- Develop product protocols
- Contribute original research ideas to team, and generate publications and invention disclosure
- Educate R&D colleagues on clinical issues
Essential skills and experience:
- Provide content for articles for Siemens publications such as MAGNETOM Flash together with internal and external collaborators
- Support educational meetings, tradeshows, and site visits
- Answer questions from sales and marketing related to areas of the team’s responsibility
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of organization's business practices, issues faced and contribute to problem resolution of those issues.
We are one of the largest global suppliers of healthcare equipment, renowned for innovative products, services and solutions including diagnostic imaging systems, therapy equipment for treatment and electromedicine and IT solutions to optimize workflow and increase efficiency in the healthcare industry.
- BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in various functions (Advanced degree may be substituted for experience).
- Understanding of systemic pathologies to assist in development of new techniques for diagnosis of systemic diseases
- Expertise in MR imaging techniques and clinical applications
- Cross modality knowledge is a plus
- Excellent skills in MS office software applications (word & excel)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can do attitude.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a virtual and fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Siemens - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard
Siemens AG (Siemens) is engaged in electronics and electrical engineering. During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2008 (fiscal 2008),...