The Center for Computationally Assisted Science and Technology ( CCAST ) at North Dakota State University ( NDSU ) is seeking senior-level researchers to help establish core areas of its research portfolio. We invite applications from researchers in all areas of computational and theoretical condensed matter and materials physics (with particular emphasis on strongly correlated electron systems, excited state properties of matter, thermal and charge transport, polarization, plasmonic effects, materials degradation and behavior of materials under extreme environments, materials for energy storage and transmission, biomimetic and multifunctional materials), computational and theoretical materials chemistry (with particular emphasis on catalysis, energy conversion pathways, phase separations, combinatorial chemistry and materials science, chemometrics, and chemoinformatics), waste heat recovery, computer driven nanoscience and nanotechnology, super-scalable algorithms and technologies for large and extreme scale computations, runtime performance engineering, bioinformatics, data mining, data integration, statistical and exploratory data analysis, machine learning, knowledge discovery, and computational biology. CCAST is very interested in developing methodologies for multi-physics/chemistry/biology, multi-scale, massively parallel and/or high-throughput computer simulation and modeling in the areas of energy-related research.
Experienced group leaders whose interests fall outside the above areas are encouraged to propose new strategic research themes. Cross- and multi-disciplinary research plans are especially welcome. Cluster hiring is possible.
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or in related field
- Specialization as discussed in the Position Description
- Established record of research excellence including strong publication record
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- For Senior Research Scientist: solid track record of securing competitive funding for research and development activities
- For Senior Research Scientist: experience supervising junior researchers and support staff
- Simultaneous experience in theory/algorithm development and in MPI coding for extreme-scale computations
- Industry and national laboratory exposure/experience
- Patent history
- For Research Scientist: Evidence of successful grant writing and funding
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, list of publications, a statement of research interests and future research plans, and at least three letters of reference.
To ensure full consideration, applicants must mail or email letters of reference to:
Martin Ossowski, Director
Center for Computationally Assisted Science & Technology
Dept 4100, PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
For more information regarding these positions, please email Martin.Ossowski@ndsu.edu.
The selection process will begin on December 15, 2011 and will continue until positions are filled.
North Dakota State University - 2 years ago