Who is Merge Healthcare?
Merge Healthcare is the leading provider of enterprise imaging and interoperability solutions. Merge solutions facilitate the sharing of images to create a more effective and efficient electronic healthcare experience for patients and physicians.
Merge provides enterprise imaging solutions for radiology, cardiology and orthopaedics; a suite of products for clinical trials; software for financial and pre-surgical management, and applications that fuel the largest modality vendors in the world. Merge’s products have been used by healthcare providers, vendors and researchers worldwide to improve patient care for more than 20 years.
The successful candidate will perform system development activities related to existing and new product development! The position will be directed by the team leader, architect, and/or manager and will liaison with customer technical staff and Merge Healthcare product management staff to understand requirements, enhancements and problems with product or component being developed. The role is expected to develop specifications and designs for products, code and implement those designs, and perform developer verification and validation of those implementations. An individual with a Linux Administration background heavy in scripting or a systems integration engineer are both well suited for this position.
• Perform product development in accordance with Merge Healthcare’s methodology and practices;
• Perform system module requirements definition, design, and test design;
• Prepare module specifications, designs and test descriptions;
• Implement software modules and tests and conduct appropriate testing;
• Detect, report, investigate, and fix product defects;
• Participate in the review of product engineering artifacts (e.g., specifications, designs, test descriptions, implementations, tests, records, reports, etc);
• Assist in the preparation and review of product, engineering, and management plans and reports (e.g., program and project plans) as required;
• Prepare technical reports as required;
• Provide input to into the design and development of software modules;
• Provide input into system-level design and development;
• Under direction, prepare updates to system specifications, designs, test descriptions, hazard analysis, validation test procedures, and related documentation supporting software development to known standards;
• Provide technical liaison and consulting services concerning departmental products to internal customers and their Merge Healthcare staff;
• Work effectively in collaboration with other members of the department, or with managers and staff across the organization with whom tasks must be completed;
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Linux or Unix Administration ( SuSE preferred );
• Familiar with Software Development processes ( Revision control, bug reporting, product lifecycle);
• Advanced *–ix shell scripting ( bash, awk, etc );
• Application debugging ( process tracing );
• Able to install Oracle or competitive RDBMS;
• Able to perform ground up Apache install and configuration for large Web infrastructure
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Familiarity with cluster technologies ;
• Experience with VMware, vSphere, ESX;
• Package build management;
• Strong proficiency integrating multithreaded, multi-tiered applications into high performance, high availability systems;
• Performance analysis of storage, network, OS , and application for proper system operation and sizing;
• Experience with VMware, vSphere, ESX;
• Application security hardening ;
• Experience integrating and supporting scalable applications using Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSTL/EL, Ajax, Struts, Hibernate and Tomcat, Apache;
• Knowledge, skills, training, and experience in software requirements and design engineering skills using a well defined disciplined engineering process or methodology;
• Experience working with software development teams;
• Knowledge, skills and experience with Service Oriented Architecture concepts and/or Web Service technologies an asset;
• Programming abilities in Java on Linux platform an asset;
• Hands on experience configuring SAN disk arrays, including fabric channel zoning/LUN Masking;
• Experience with NFS;
• Networking experience: Cisco IOS, etherchannel, 802.1q trunking;
• Knowledge of DICOM, HL7, and/or IHE is an asset;
• An undergraduate degree or better in computer science or equivalent discipline or equivalent level of industry related experience;
• 3+ years of related experience.
Why work for Merge Healthcare?
Your hard work will be rewarded with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits – including a generous time off program, tuition reimbursement and matching 401k – career growth opportunities and more. At Merge Healthcare, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your hard work and contributions have a positive impact on patient care throughout the United States and the world. Merge Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Merge Healthcare wants your imaging department to share the health. The company develops image and information exchange management software,...