Software IT Entry Level Business Objects Developer
The Global Information Technology (Global IT) team is part of the broader Technology & Operations organization. It is responsible for HP’s internal IT strategy and all of its IT assets that support HP employees and help drive strategic company priorities. This includes worldwide application development, the company’s private cloud, IT security, data management, technology infrastructure, and telecommunication networks.
Business Objects Developer
HP Software IT is hiring an Entry Level Business Objects Developer, the right candidate will be able to:
- Develop Business Intelligence reports and applications within specifications defined by business area
- Perform mapping of business/application needs to functionality of specific Business Intelligence tools to ensure appropriate tool is used.
- Assist in installation and configuration of the software/hardware environment supporting both the development team and the business users.
- Performs testing of Business Intelligence applications.
- Assists in the development of transformation rules whenever required; prepares documentation detailing the processes developed.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgement in the performance of business intelligence responsibilities.
HP will not sponsor individuals for immigration benefits in this position.
Qualified candidates must have received their degree within the past 12 months or should be receiving their degree by Spring 2014.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree specializing in Business, Information Technology or Computer Science
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of relational database design and development, and familiarity with ER Modeling.
- Ability to work in a team environment consisting of technology and business professionals as well as independently.
- Experience working on a project team and implementing business solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Competent with database design tools such as Erwin, ER Studio, and Oracle Data Modeler.
- Working experience with tuning queries in any RDBMS environment.
- Understanding of programming, system application development techniques and systems development life cycles.
- Experience in report writing tools such as: SAS, IntelliVIEW, Business Objects, Cognos, or Microstrategy desired; Unix knowledge is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Data Analysis and Statistics desired.
- Prior experience supporting a Data Warehouse or OLTP environment
Nov 8, 2013
HP - 8 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...