Gyrus ACMI, Inc is a dynamic medical device company whose vision is to anticipate the needs of surgeons through powerful see and treat procedure solutions that are safe, simple, cost efficient and produce the highest quality patient outcomes. Gyrus ACMI is focused on Minimally Invasive procedures in Urology, Gynecology, General Surgery and ENT. Gyrus ACMI, believes its people are its greatest asset. We offer an environment that challenges everyone to grow, contribute, excel and share successes. Gyrus ACMI is committed to creating a world class company with world class people.
Southborough, MA - Develop new business and product opportunities (product franchise) considered to be extensions of current products and services of OSTA products for global market. In doing so, the position interfaces closely with R&D, RA/QA, operations and regional Sales Business Center’s downstream marketing to establish potential for revenue, profit, and market share. These key metrics are used to decide on path for possible product commercialization.
The primary focus is future business opportunities, identification of customer needs, management of the prototype evaluations process, and support for regulatory compliance as needed (510(k)). This requires a very good understanding of the market needs, market trends, competitive forces, and new technologies. This position works closely with international marketing team in OSTA and regional SBC downstream marketing counterpart during formal launch and transitioning of the product to commercialization.
Product life cycle management is another key element of this position, monitoring market feedback for product improvement, transition to new products and termination strategy should be developed and executed in conjunction with multi functional team.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for OSTA products for global market (USA, EU, JP and ROW)
- Support the development of Upstream Marketing Strategy and Product Roadmap
- Life Cycle Management of relevant product portfolio
- Develop and execute product strategies, positioning, pricing, programs, and distribution pathways to best grow the franchise while remaining consistent with the overall business plan.
- Creates product development specifications and interfaces with product developers or others to arrange for the creation of prototypes. Evaluates and integrates ideas based on competitive products or existing OSTA products. Participates in product design meetings to discuss and exchange ideas and concepts to meet the demands of the marketplace.
- Develop the launch plan for new, high-potential or complex products and promotional initiatives to support the product, an analysis of the current competitive situation, positioning of the product in the market, and product pricing. Target is to serve the global markets. This functions involves:
- Reviewing and analyzing market studies, trade literature, and internet sources to formulate ideas and opinions on areas of opportunity presented by the market place.
- Selecting beta sites for product testing and evaluation. Establishing test parameters and the procedures for evaluating test results.
- Comparing the performance characteristics of Olympus products with those of competitive products.
- Provides leadership and direction to the product launch team through all phases of product pre-launch, which include establishing appropriate inventory levels of product, ensuring that all regulatory requirements have been addressed, arranging for a complete product evaluation. Sending out notices to all SBCs to take and process orders, developing and delivering training to SBCs to effectively sell and service the new product.
- Close collaboration with downstream counterpart to track and evaluate product performance and sales after product launch, which involves:
- Monitoring customer satisfaction with initial installations and use of the product. Communicating closely with technical staff in the field on product performance issues. Visiting customer sites. Leading user meetings to discuss product performance.
- Monitoring initial product sales and tracks against projected sales, revenue, and profit. Developing and implementing counter-trend strategies with international marketing team
- Monitoring and evaluating the competition’s response to the new product introduction. Initiating appropriate action to counter competitive activities.
- Composes product literature based on an in-depth understanding of the key elements of the market. Formulates an objective for each piece of literature produced.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED) -
- 4 year college degree is required (Engineering, Life Sciences or Marketing preferred)
- Advanced degree (MBA) preferred or equivalent experience
- 1 to 4 years of medical product management experience
- Any R&D experience is a plus.
- Marketing Experience preferred
- 1 – 3 years Project Management
Gyrus ACMI allows surgeons to see better and do less tissue damage to their patients. A subsidiary of Olympus, the company makes medical...