The extra care home health aide works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs personal care and support services according the care plan. The individual is responsible for observing clients, reporting and recording the observations and documenting the services provided. The positions are located in and around the Des Moines metro area.
Performs activities of daily living (ADL) to the client. Plans and prepares nutritious meals; assists in feeding the client, if necessary; performs light housekeeping duties. Escorts the client to social visits.
Takes and records vital signs when ordered. Assists in ambulation and exercise according to the care plan. Performs range of motion and other simple procedures as ordered.
Provides medication reminders.
Meets the safety needs of clients and uses equipment safely and properly.
Reports the client's condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse.
A pre-employment physical, drug screen and back ground check are required.
- Passed an Iowa approved, 75 hours nurse-aide/home health aide course. Currently "eligible" on the Direct Care Worker Registry.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association.
- Must hold a current Iowa driver's license and auto liability insurance.
- Mature, responsible behavior that includes a thorough understanding of HIPPA regulations.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of elderly, handicapped, or convalescing individual. Demonstrates empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail, and impaired.
- Ability to follow and accurately report verbal and written instructions.
HCI Care Services - 17 months ago
Since 1978, HCI Hospice Care Services has helped patients and their families live their lives as fully as possible, enjoying their favorite...