Manager - Systems/Software Engineering IV
Senior leader responsible for the overall vision, software design, software development, and partner management for Linux software programs in the ProLiant group of HP. Also determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. Responsibilities -Provides direct and ongoing leadership for an organization of multiple subordinate managers and individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates and managing projects for Linux on ProLiant, including drivers, management components, utilities, and Internet-related tools. -Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects and programs, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps. -Engages with program managers, marketing, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making. -Manages relationships with multiple software partners (Red Hat, Canonical, SUSE, and Linux communities), including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources. -Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions. -Provides overall people-care management for direct reports, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
Education and Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced university degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 or more years of related work experience, including 5 or more years of people management experience.
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and management.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in managing human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge of multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting
- Strong understanding of HP's policies and processes
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...