Assist in the installation and ongoing maintenance of Midcontinent Communications’ cable ad insertion systems.
• Participate in the installation and ongoing maintenance of Midcontinent Cable Advertising Sales (CAS) network. Resolve escalated problems.
• Encode, monitor, and upload video files to the CAS system.
• Participate in the network management and maintenance of ad insertion equipment, encoders, routers, switches, production equipment, etc.
• Plan for future capacity and execute related action plans.
• Work with vendors to design, install, and trouble shoot insertion equipment.
• Provide project leadership, including diagramming, reporting, documenting, time management, etc.
• Ensure that viable disaster recovery and back up plans are in place for all systems.
• Oversee the development of system utilities and tools.
• Manage assigned projects successfully and effectively coordinate efforts between multiple groups.
• Provide effective “on call” support and be prepared to work other than regular business hours as necessary.
• Communicate and maintain up-to-date, accurate documentation for passwords, diagrams, security, etc.
• Maintain current, valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you for employment in this position).
• Assist in the department budget process by providing ideas, justification, and documentation.
• Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
• Drive Company vehicles safely, courteously, and defensively; schedule appropriate maintenance as required.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Train Technology Group personnel and other individuals as necessary.
• Effectively communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate reports as requested.
• Mentor new hires and existing staff as required.
• Adhere to company privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s and employee’s privacy is protected.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
• Actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Previous network experience in the telecommunications field required.
• Comprehensive understanding of various CAS network systems and components.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Midcontinent Communications - 30+ days ago
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our Commu...